Finally Made my First Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant! You certainly don't have a partial gel so I'd say you were successful. 😊

It looks to me like the soap went through a successful gel phase but since this is my first batch of soaps ever, I’m not sure exactly. What do you all think?

They are lovely. I particularly like the second soap with the white swirl.

Possibly a tad bit of partial gel is showing on the lighter soap, but I suspect that will fade enough that you won't be able to see it unless you know to look. It's visible in the first soap at the front of the line on the right, just below the white swirl. It's imperceptible in the first photo, so maybe that one I see it in is from the very center of the loaf? Sometime partial gel doesn't show up in each and every bar, depending on how far it reaches.

IF you want to complete the gel, it's easy to do. Here's how: Put all the bars back in the loaf. Pre-heat your oven (or use a heating pad) to about 150-170°F, put the filled soap loaf into the oven (turn the oven off) & keep it there for about an hour or two, then remove and let cool. It works. See also: Rescue oven processing | Soapy Stuff
1617542377548.png

They are lovely. I particularly like the second soap with the white swirl.

Possibly a tad bit of partial gel is showing on the lighter soap, but I suspect that will fade enough that you won't be able to see it unless you know to look. It's visible in the first soap at the front of the line on the right, just below the white swirl. It's imperceptible in the first photo, so maybe that one I see it in is from the very center of the loaf? Sometime partial gel doesn't show up in each and every bar, depending on how far it reaches.

IF you want to complete the gel, it's easy to do. Here's how: Put all the bars back in the loaf. Pre-heat your oven (or use a heating pad) to about 150-170°F, put the filled soap loaf into the oven (turn the oven off) & keep it there for about an hour or two, then remove and let cool. It works. See also: Rescue oven processing | Soapy Stuff
View attachment 55792
Oh my! I didn’t know I could put it back in the oven after it’s been out and cooled. So what I understand from you is that if I ever do have a soap that has a partial gel ring in the center, I can just pop it back in the oven for a couple of hours and it’ll complete the gel phase? Thanks so much for the nuggets 🙌🏾

Back