Finally Made my First Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F_Drip

Reaction score
I have been doing my homework for a few months and I have finally made my first soap batch! I’m excited to cut into it in a day or two. I made 2 loaves of soap. I decided to try gelling one loaf in the oven. I heated the oven to 170F, turned it off and put the first loaf in the oven. I am leaving the 2nd loaf out because it has honey in it and I’m playing it safe. The 2nd load has some spices and honey, no colorant. The color is from the spices (I also used mulberry silk in that one because I felt fancy). I am very hopeful of the outcome because I can’t believe how pretty they look.
DEDA379B-A46E-4B81-8F7F-F016E22DBD01.jpeg
BD922D01-0873-472F-9F96-C9060C4BFC32.jpeg
FDD2C120-E508-4DC3-BDEA-D96DD2272CE6.jpeg
514D3C7F-9C64-481F-82E7-BD02BBEC56CF.jpeg

Nice color, is it paprika?
No it’s not. Turmeric & ginger. When I mixed it in and saw how the color turned out, I had to go check my spices to make sure that I didn’t mistakenly mix in chili powder or paprika instead is turmeric even though I was pretty sure lol.

I have been doing my homework for a few months and I have finally made my first soap batch! I’m excited to cut into it in a day or two. I made 2 loaves of soap. I decided to try gelling one loaf in the oven. I heated the oven to 170F, turned it off and put the first loaf in the oven. I am leaving the 2nd loaf out because it has honey in it and I’m playing it safe. The 2nd load has some spices and honey, no colorant. The color is from the spices (I also used mulberry silk in that one because I felt fancy). I am very hopeful of the outcome because I can’t believe how pretty they look. View attachment 55752View attachment 55755View attachment 55756View attachment 55757
Well done! Be sure to post the cut. :)
Congratulations!:)
Yeah!!!!!!
Nice color, is it paprika?
They look great! Congratulations on a job well done.
Both loaves look great. The second one looks good enough to eat :)
No it’s not. Turmeric & ginger. When I mixed it in and saw how the color turned out, I had to go check my spices to make sure that I didn’t mistakenly mix in chili powder or paprika instead is turmeric even though I was pretty sure lol.
Absolutely!!
It’s turmeric & ginger. I swear my turmeric is bright orange :)
They look gorgeous! Can't wait to see the cut!
These look so good! You’re addicted now, right?
Totally!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome 1st soap' Well Done.. 💫🧼🤗

I made the cut!!!! Wasn’t sure if to post it here as a continuous thread but it made more sense to me than starting a new one. I’m happy with the outcome. I’m going to plane and bevel them in a couple of days 😊. It seems the ginger darkened the turmeric but I’ll see how the color morphs over the course of 6 weeks. It looks to me like the soap went through a successful gel phase but since this is my first batch of soaps ever, I’m not sure exactly. What do you all think?
4A46E48D-8451-44D1-8347-4C574783D25B.jpeg
55DEB09A-B9A0-4AA2-8ED6-BA1A2A586046.jpeg

Back