Finally have something worth while to post

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
:0)
Salt bar, CP, in PVC tube, Swirl in the pot then poured into tube.
please excuse the water stain on the wall behind, we had Ice dams :(

20180405_195252[1].jpg

That's very pretty. I love your swirls. How long did you have to wait before unmolding and slicing?

Thanks all. Last swirl I did was 10 years ago when I was soaping and it didn't turn out well in HP.

Pina Colada scent, And I can't tell you how long because I forgot to write the time down, but I would say 2-3 hours later. I was cooking and forgot. You can tell as they are a bit crumbly on some edges.
It was 130 Degrees when I pulled it out of the tube.
I could have cut it at about 1 to 1-1/2 hours I think.

Thought I was going to lose this batch as the FO accelerated. Glad I didn't add milk to this one !

That is the worst thing about the PVC, you can't squeeze it to see if it is too soft :(

Gonna try another swirl but watching the time ;) Also going to put one color on one side of the bowl and the other color on the other side (like 1/2 and 1/2) and see how it swirls when it is poured. Maybe I will twist as I pour.

Last edited:
Ok 2nd batch, 1/2 salt, Rose color swirl (not as good- I think I should just do 1/4 of batter to color), Cut at just shy of 2 hours.
Which means the BLUE one was cut at more 3 hours later.

I used 2 TBS Yogurt in the oils for the Rose one. Both batches are 2# oils each

20180406_122049[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back