Finally back making soaps after the Passing of my companion..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Peeps June 1st 2000 - July 25th 2020 she is even on my logo.. I miss her.. (yes, she had her own place at the table).

14842-cropped.jpg
20170417_101015.jpg
20200816_123327.jpg

Here are my two newest creations:

Man Bars with Pine, Cedar and Sandalwood scent.
20200815_112104.jpg

The "Not my Grandma's Lard Bar's, Lavender"
20200809_200054.jpg

@shermluge Those lavender bars are absolutely gorgeous! So sorry about the loss of your dear friend. I have only seen my father cry 2x in my whole life, and one of them was when his kitty of 25 years passed away. She actually went on walks with him, and always came to him for help if she got burrs or some oil on her. They were so close. She wasn't his first cat, but she was his last.

It must be hard losing a beloved pet after having them in your life for so many years. She looks adorable.

Your soaps are wonderful, I especially love the men's bar. I'd buy it and use it even though I'm not a man ;)

My sincerest condolences on your loss. It is so unfair that their lives are not as long as our own as they leave such a hole in the heart when they are gone!
ps your soaps are beautiful!!

Your soaps are lovely and I especially like the Sandalwood one
I save the wood grain one for my Man bars. With a nice wood scent. These lather very well and are very creamy. I've actually done full wood grain before. But I did not like how I had to cut them. So I went back to the basic in pot mix method. Thanks on the condolences from everyone.. I did get lucky and found a great place in Idaho falls (just North) to get her cremated. At Staker Animal Cremations. Even though I lived in Washington, its worth the drive. I was able to do a full witness cremation. Were Washington State refused. Then I knew I had Peeps's ashes and with there price, it was worth the travel..

There was my dad's cat, as well - she really wanted to be included in what the humans were doing. Well, most humans. There were some she just didn't like, and then you remembered, oh yeah, she really IS a cat. 😁

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your kitty. We lost a 15 year old girl last fall to cancer. It's so hard to loose the furry members of our family. Your soaps are wonderful! I really want to learn the wood grain look. It is on my ever growing list of techniques and designs to try.

I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat. Pets make life worth living. And your soap is gorgeous. LOVE the wood grain one. And I am crazy for lavender, I always make a lavender soap whenever I can, but yours is much prettier than mine!

Latest posts

Back