Finally an article about what impacts trace that I understand!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Gigi, that will make it easier for Beginners to see and understand.

Relle it was written in a way that made it very easy for my tired brain to grasp, so I figured other newbies might like it too :)

Thank you for sharing the article, gigi! Very helpful. When I first started soaping, I used a whisker to mix the lye solution and oil. I was worried that I couldn't manage to get fluffy milky trace like SB could do. After few mins, it came to a light trace. Had no choice but to bow to the batter. Now the soaps are completely cured and they are my newborns. :p

Yes Kenna did a nice job gathering all the info around trace, with beautiful pictures.

I learned how emulsification looks like and when it happens. I only had read about that phase but with her pictures it is easier to understand.

:thumbup:

Nice article. I knew all of those things, but it was nice to review them all in a clear and well organized format.

Back