FINALLY a good rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I will blame my liking it on the fact that I minored in geology and it reminds me of the rocks I studied. I know I am not the popular opinion in most cases though.

I don't understand why anyone would post that they like something if they didn't though. This forum is pretty anonymous really, I guess I assumed that would leave the door open for honesty.

I don't know why someone would post they like something they don't either, but I do know that this forum seems to have a culture of support, which is fabulous. I could see that leading to bolstering a person up and perhaps coming across as too "pollyanna-ish". THat's not necessarily a bad thing. It only is if someone is seeking out true constructive criticism and people don't give it for fear of coming across as negative when the poster is in need of a critical eye.

I like rocks too. Not a geologist but I have a big bowl of rocks I pick up from various places. That's why I like this soap too.

I didn't feel Ael's opinion was mean-spirited or posted to take a dig. I've seen that and his/her reply was NOT that.

Agreed. Ael was v. respectful and polite; I guess I just don't see the point of turning on that critical eye unless it's requested.

Maybe that attitude also contributes to the Pollyanna vibe - but again, there's a difference between blowing smoke and just not getting involved in the discussion. Anyway, now you know if I say I like your soap - I mean it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on the audience. In the quilt world holding up a quilt will get awwws from quilters but the general public being less sophisticated not so much. I like soaps and enjoy most colors and shapes which is also true of quilts. But the general public will react with horror at a red and orange quilt or a soap looking like rocks. BTW I like rocks and the soap.

I'm like you, eyeroll. And yes, being in the world of X gives you a very different appreciation for products, doesn't it? You have a better idea of what it takes and what can and cannot happen easily. It's hard to appreciate unless you are in the thick of it.

They look great. :) And they really do resemble rocks which I don't think it's a bad thing. It is still soap and usable.
Charcoal soap I made for husband was a bit oozy (too much water mixed with colours kind of a mistake) so it ended up as a rebatch. It turned out sooo lovely, I'll be making next batch as HP as well. I might not get a similar effect, but bars looked like pieces of black granite, black with grey and white specks throughout.

Latest posts

Back