Filling lotion botttles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
Hi...I just bought some premium lotion base and a few rap plastic lotion containers from NDA. The question is How do you get the lotion in? The hole is so little. Is there a special tool that does this? You can probably tell I do not have much experience. I have only made cp soap up to this point. Venturing out a little here. Hope to be making my own lotion someday.

Thanks anyone. Laurie

Pour your lotion into a ziplock bag & add anything you like, fragrance, color, etc. Seal the bag & squish it around right inside the bag. cut the tip off the bag & pipe it into the bottles like you would ice a cake.

Hope this helps!

If the soap is really thick I zap it in the microwave just till it thins out. I then add my color and fragrance oil and use a funnel to put it in the bottle. I leave the cap off a good 5-6 hours so it can cool.

Chris

i use sterilized disposable pastry bags. they have a long narrow tip that fits down inside the bottle/malibus and because they do so much less air gets in and depending on the size of the bottle one or two good squeezes and it's full, no having to tap it on the counter to get the lotion to settle.

i will use a zip lock in a pinch but i prefer the pastry bags.

chlobue said:
If the soap is really thick I zap it in the microwave just till it thins out. I then add my color and fragrance oil and use a funnel to put it in the bottle. I leave the cap off a good 5-6 hours so it can cool.

Chris
Becarfeul doing this! Medium-High temps can destroy your preservative (esp Germaben II) Also, if your pour your lotion at a higher temp, you are more likely to get condensation spots in your bottle. Not cool if you zapped your preservative.

I use the baggie method. And I save the bag in the bathroom to use the rest of the lotion I couldn't get out after I take a shower. (You can smooth most of the lotion out with a Popsicle stick if you want, but I like saving some for me to try)Waste not! :wink:

Back