Few new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
These are the soaps I made in the last few weeks.
First two are made with Beach type FO and one of our favourites Lotus Blossom. Second FO is sooo well behaved, I love soaping with it.
On the second photo is my lard soap with Nectarine/Honey FO and after few weeks, all that was left of fragrance is floral rose, none of the honey, citrusy notes, etc.. :eh: We still like it though. Purple soap is my first attempt at HP, it's lavender EO scented, although not much of the scent remained but we like it in the shower, it lathers well.
One batch is currently getting rebatched. It was made yesterday and it looked fine, but after cutting the first bar, there was some oil leaking between different swirl colours. I am a bit baffled at what happened, I used same recipe, same colorants, FO I've used before. Anyway, hopefully it might HP properly and be saved. It's a charcoal soap, it will now turn completely black, but as long as it's usable, I'm happy.

IMG_9996 - Copy.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

Thank you :)
I was a bit scared of the colours at the beginning but love to play with them now.

Beautiful colors! The one on the right in the top pic makes me think of watermelon and I like the marbled effect in the yellow and red bars.

Did you not blend as long with the charcoal soap? I'm not an expert but it sounds like you didn't get a stable emulsion.

Hazel, I think I know what might happened. Black portion was fine, but colored wasn't. It was water dispersible pigment and extra water might have caused the separation. Rebatch turned out great, looks like big lump og coal, I might call it coal soap. ;) Most of the FO scent remained, although I added some more.
Kikajess, thank you! :) It's just some flowery background and manual settings on camera. :grin:

I like the gold and rose....looks like it should have mango/papaya fragrance...real summery looking.
they are all beautiful.

Back