felting?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dharlee

Reaction score
I read this post in another thread:
I tested mine at 4 weeks, used them for about a week to make sure there weren't any huge issues, and then started giving them away. Also, Boyfriend shares a shower with me, so it was tested on him and he has pretty sensitive skin. I just offered it to people who are close friends and usually help me test out lip balm. So far, I don't think anyone's actually used it, though.

I'm also using my first batch for felting practice, although the wool I have is entirely too pretty to waste on practice, but it was free from one of the aforementioned tester friends.

What on earth is this? I know I can't try it because I am allergic to wool, but why would you felt wool with soap? Or is that just how it's done? :Kitten Love:

You got that from the "What soapy thing have you done lately" thread and my reply is two messages below TeaLeaves' post. In case you didn't see my reply, here is the essence -- please see this thread and I think your questions will be amply answered: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56190

I actually got that from the What do you do with your beginner batches thread. But that sure explained a lot to me. I never saw anything like that before. I wish I could try it but that would be hive city for me.

Thank you for explaining -- I was puzzled. Perhaps TeaLeaves put duplicate posts in these two threads. My apologies!

Thank you for explaining -- I was puzzled. Perhaps TeaLeaves put duplicate posts in these two threads. My apologies!

I mentioned felting twice. Once in the "what soapy thing have you done" thread and once in the "what do you do with your first batches" thread. I promise, it was on-topic both times.

Oh, I know, but I thought I'd clarify a little. It just happened to come up twice: once because it was what I'd done that day, and the other time because I recommended ugly/unscented soaps as sacrificial learning soaps for felting since if you get too excited you can rub through a fair amount of soap in the process.

Back