Feeling blessed and thankful

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
Well this past few days I learned some unpleasant things, including that some friends were never really friends at all - but I also learned that I have friends I didn't know I had, and that I'm truly blessed.

Amid all the craziness that I've been dealing with trying to resolve the crisis created by my roommate's irresponsibility, one of my coworkers offered to let me work her shift at the bar last night, so I could make some extra cash to put towards solving my crisis by today's deadline. This was very sweet of her, and I was thankful for that in itself, but what she did beyond that just kinda made me cry.

She came up to be a customer on a shift she would normally have worked, brought friends, and encouraged everyone to tip healthy to help me out with a problem. Thanks to her, it was a way better night than it would have been normally.

As if that wasn't enough of a blessing, one of my regulars happened to hear I was in crisis and why, and she waited until I wasn't looking to slip an envelope with $100 in it into my purse, with a note saying she was happy to help, wished she could do more, and it was her way of returning the favor for all the support I gave her during her mastectomy and chemo.

And to really drive home how prayers get answered, my boss calls me this morning and asks me how short am I for my goal and drops off the balance I needed to meet the deadline, say I can work it off of time.

I can't begin to communicate how much all of it means to me or how blessed I feel. I'm a firm believer in karma, in doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do, and that if you live your life honestly and with genuine good will towards others, you will always be blessed. But to have such amazing generosity and kindness shown to me by people who have no obligation to do so makes me cry with gratitude.

I met the deadline, thanks to their kindness. I'm not out of the woods fully, as I still have to make the deadline for the power bill extension tomorrow (had to put the money I had for that Bill into the kitty for the rent if I was gonna make it), but I work today, open to close, and should make enough, so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

TY so very much to all you lovely people here who offered words of encouragement, a sympathetic ear, and just let me vent. I consider your kindness and concern just as much of a blessing as the others.

G :)

I'm so happy things worked out! I got a bit teary eyed reading this. You have awesome support!

I am so very happy to hear that things are looking up for you! Hopefully everything gets sorted out quickly.

WOW! Awesome!!! Such thoughtful folks! Kudos to you for being the kind of person you are -- that people are being so kind and willing to help you out says a lot about you.

i had tears in my eyes too when reading this. I'm so happy for you that things worked out :)

There are a LOT of good people out there. Unfortunately all the bad stories and experiences hit us hard and they seem more powerful at times, but goodness is all over. You are one of those people too, which is why people are good back to you. I'm glad things are starting to work out. Keep your chin up, gigi!

That's awesome news gigi! So very happy to hear that you have such amazing friends and co workers.

Wow gigi, I didn't realize you were in a crisis but from what I know of you I am not surprised so many people outpoured support for you. Karma in all its awesomeness.

You deserve every moment of forward success and I hope everything works out.

I believe in Karma as well, good luck, the universe provides if you ask.

I just read this Gigi, and I am truly happy for you that things are turning around. The kindness you experienced is so touching. Thank you for sharing. We all need to be reminded sometimes that good is all around us. Wishing you continued good karma.

i just read this gigi, and i am truly happy for you that things are turning around. The kindness you experienced is so touching. Thank you for sharing. We all need to be reminded sometimes that good is all around us. Wishing you continued good karma.

ty :)

Latest posts

Back