Feel Better Gift Box Suggestions Wanted

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very dear friend of mine fractured her back. She is home, but in a brace and movement is restricted. Her pain isn't well managed yet either. I want to send a box of feel better things to her and will include some lotion and/or a lotion bar, but I'm looking for other suggestions. I have a feeling that bathing will be difficult for her and am wondering if anyone can recommend a dry shampoo that they have used. I don't like them so don't know good from bad. She isn't a big reader, but I think an engaging easy read might be appreciated. She isn't going to do crosswords or those types of puzzles. What else can I include?

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Disclaimer, I live to read but an easy funny reason is Trevor Noah's Born a Crime. Also, not aure hoe much your friend is into crafts but maybe you can find a small crafting kit, I've found some to embroidery Christmas ornaments, adult coloring books, the rhinestone painting kits, small jewelry making kits or other similar stuff. Those might keep her occupied with minimal movement.

If she is a writer a nice journal or one of those books that prompts you to draw something or write about something every day.

Hope she recovers soon!

You are such a good friend! 💕

How about some audio books, or an Audible gift certificate so she could pick out the books? If she doesn’t have a device for listening, or if she needs the tech to be very simple, inexpensive MP3 players are available at electronic stores, Walmart, etc. Those can also be used for listening to podcasts; you could make her a list or preload a few that you think she would like.

Thank you all for the suggestions, they are all wonderful. I had an update from my friend today and her pain is now being managed much better. She is still pretty much confined to sitting, but is able to get up for short periods as tolerated. Which means at least trips to the bathroom and she can take her brace off long enough to shower. The little things we take for granted that so greatly negatively impact our daily life when taken away, and are such a welcome blessing when we regain them!

What about a gift card so they can download games for their phone or device or stream new movies? Would they be interested in trying their hand at knitting, crocheting, or cross stitching?
This is so kind of you 😍

I like the gift card idea. I think rather than trying to pick out a book she may or may not read I will get a few magazines. I will put an adult coloring book and pencils or markers, a lotion bar and some nail polish. Her daughters will be in and out to see her and can help her with that if she can’t manage herself. Pretty fingers might make her feel better. I think the magic bag is a nice additio. Even if she doesn’t use it now, at some point we all have aches and pains, right? And a gift card to Amazon and she can figure out how she can best amuse herself. Thanks again everyone! This was most helpful. 😊

What about a Magic Bag? I love mine and use it for any kind of muscle aches or tension. I know she has a fracture but there's always that inevitable muscle pain when you're trying to compensate.
What is a magic bag ?

when my cousin’s husband broke his hand; I sent, among other things, a set of stretch shoe laces so he wouldn’t have to tie them. A couple of shirts, one said: “well played gravity, well played” (he fell from ladder). And one that said something like “I fell. yes, it hurt. 6-8 weeks” and soap of course.

It's a fabric bag that is filled with grain; you pop it into the microwave for a minute or two and use it as you would a hot water bottle.
I know what you mean, haven't heard them called that, we just call them wheat bags.

A gift subscription to BritBox or one of the Streaming services that she may find interests her tastes might be really nice, too. If she has one already, adding another one for variety might really be welcome when confined, because many of them are becoming more exclusive in what they offer. For example, if she loves a certain show and can't watch it now because it's not offered on the streaming service she uses, finding out who does offer it and getting that one would probably be most welcome.

Back