Feedback on Website??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melhrm

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been re-designing my website (very different from the white clean one I had before) If you have a few minutes, can you check it out and tell me if it's appealing or it's too much black? thanks!!

www.iadora.com

Overall, very nice, but you have a couple of spelling mistakes on the home page - Birthday doesn't have the H in it and receive is not IE its EI, something to watch for especially on the first page.

Overall, very nice, but you have a couple of spelling mistakes on the home page - Birthday doesn't have the H in it and receive is not IE its EI, something to watch for especially on the first page.
ha, thank you for pointing that out. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the homepage and never noticed! :roll:

Like your site! Colors are nice and the navigation is easy. The video describing your body products is a good touch too which gives you a chance to 'sell' your products while personalizing it.

It wouldn't hurt to do a spell check on all the pages, just in case.
Yes, I agree, thanks!:p

Thank you everyone for taking the time to check out my site. It was just a big change from my other site that I was a little nervous about all the black. I appreciate all the feedback and now definitely feel more confident in my website. Sometimes its just so hard to tell if something looks good or not, if you spend so many hours and time into it. :grin:

Still very clean - even with black.

I have to ask - what are your soap wrapped in? Are they in adhesive bags? I like your packaging!

You have beautiful looking soaps and packaging. I'm also pleased to see that your site is so social networking friendly. So I shared a couple of your soaps on Pinterest. That Kiwi Strawberry Soap is awesome looking! :)

ha, thank you for pointing that out. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the homepage and never noticed! :roll:

Hi. From my experience, you really can't proofread your own work. You spend so much time looking at it and working with it, that you see what should be there, not what is actually there. So don't feel bad that you didn't catch those spelling errors. You need to get someone with a fresh eye (even if you have to pay someone) to do a thorough review of your site. Either that or you need to step away from it for several days and then do a fresh review (not as reliable as having someone else do it). I wouldn't rely solely on spell check, because you might find other errors as well. Otherwise, I think the site is great and love your soaps.

Overall the site looks good however all your photos appear to be taken indoors and have a grayish cast around them due to a lack of enough light.

If you start taking your photos outdoors in the NATURAL light you will notice a huge difference IMMEDIATELY in the late evenings around 6-7 pm when the sun is not blazing with a glare. The outdoors method reveals the true colors and beauty of your creations.

I would give it a B+ only because of the photos.

Yep, I second the suggestion for better lighting when doing product photography. Your white background should be WHITE not gray, and the products should pop out from the background. An internet customer cannot smell, touch, or view your product in person, so your photos have to be eye catching -- crisp focus, well lit, accurate color balance, and excellent contrast.

There is a big video window below your Iadora banner on every one of the product listing pages and product detail pages that I looked at. It seriously interfered with my shopping experience to the point that I started to get discouraged. When I shop, I want to see and read about a product, not see the same video window over and over again. Consider putting the video in a More Info section so people who want to learn more can do so and shoppers can enjoy shopping.

Make product photos a consistent size. On the "New" page, for example, Juicy Fields photo is smaller, Lemongrass Sage photo is bigger, etc. All photos on a page should be the same size -- 40 pixels by 40 pixels or whatever you choose. Just be consistent.

On my phone, all the photos seem to be pixelated. The audio in your video seems a bit muted. If you're going to start doing videos, I would invest $150 in a good lapel mic wireless if possible. This will greatly improve your audio on your videos.
Nice site. Web sites can be hard to do right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Soap Making mobile app

I think the site looks really nice--and I'm someone who easily gets eyestrain with dark backgrounds. Your was no problem. The only other suggestion I'd make has to do with the greyish product photos. Brighter light, or raising the exposure in post-processing, should fix that. If you have adjustments for saturation, clarity or contrast, try playing around with them, and you may not have to retake any photos.

I agree with Soap_Rat that the background is nice. Very elegant! And I also agree that a lot could be done in PhotoShop or your favorite photo editing software to tweak the photos.

We had a rainstorm that interfered with my satellite internet last night, or I would have finished my thoughts...

I see you have been hard at work on your website updates. Bravo to you! You are doing some nice work.

I wanted to add these images to show what could be done with your existing photos, which are nicely composed and really attractive. First photo is an original image from your website, second has my tweaks to brightness, contrast, and saturation. I'm just an amateur at this; I'm sure a pro could do better.

cropped-Mulitple-Soaps-Wrapped.jpg

cropped-Mulitple-Soaps-Wrappedtweak.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back