Feedback on how this might turn out...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
Trying something different this weekend and using higher percentages of softer oils than I usually do. This would be made with 100% aloe vera juice, 7 TBSP of sugar, sodium lactate and an FO. Thoughts?

Capture.jpg

Why so much sugar? Is that how much you usually use? Its going to be a very gentle soap with small/creamy lather. It might take awhile to unmold so don't be impatient if it seems a little soft at first.
Personally, I would drop the SF to 5%, with that low of a cleansing number there is no reason for a higher SF.

I've been making batches with no CO and the sugar and aloe juice combined greatly increase the bubble amount. I think you're right about the SF%. 5 will be more like it. I'm never impatient to unmold my batches (LIES!) but I'll make sure to keep this one in the mold till I'm sure it's ready.

Thanks.

Why so much sugar? Is that how much you usually use? Its going to be a very gentle soap with small/creamy lather. It might take awhile to unmold so don't be impatient if it seems a little soft at first.
Personally, I would drop the SF to 5%, with that low of a cleansing number there is no reason for a higher SF.

Last edited:
Try sitting and staring at the mould while waiting for it to firm up. It's what I do!

To be fair, maybe even try a lower sf based on that recipe - while dropping from 5 to 3 might not sound like much, it would make a big difference to the soap and, all things considered, be unlikely to make it too drying for you

Back