Quantcast

Feedback from swap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

G

Pink..
I was kinda dry afterwards, I think its the stearic acid. But I loved the Cranberry FO.. wonderful! I loved the Snowflake.. the kids put it in our window. for the bathbombs, I liked them, wasnt enough oil for me though. (but thats just me) do you package them in wrap like that all the time? Is there a way you can use something different? The plastic kept falling apart. All in All .. I liked it.

Becky..
You know I loved the flipflops! They fit. for my itty bitty feet! :D
I loved the packaging and all.. loved the footsie melt (you know that already).. I havent tried the bath milk yet. The kids are using the bath scrub. I havent tried it yet.

Tab - Ya know, your cutesy packaging.. the kids have it. I havent seen it since :shock: I am going to check their room for it so I can at least try it.

Wintersnow! My youngest daughter like your pin! She's been wearing it too school!.. She loves snowmans... She named him Tom

Paul... Havent gotten to it yet. But Im not too sure what the cream is.. is it soap? is it a cream? lotion? It doesnt say.. Im not a fan of salt bars.. but my kids use them.. So my oldest has it.

to be continued

Bret

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with the Cool Peppermint soap I sent, but my V-Day one will be much better!

Only tried one so far...

Becky's Lemon foot cream (at work, can't remember the name). Except I'm using it in a way most of you probably aren't :) DH has back issues, and the only way to get his knots out is to use my feet when he's sitting in front of me. So, I used it as a massage cream, and my feet got the benefit too :) Smells divine, melts quickly, and very nice to use as a massage cream. Butter. Whatever :)

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I got my box today!!!

YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Paul, the boy took my salt bar and is excited about takin a shower tonight, he even wants to use the cream!!!

Pink....Dang girl, u have been busy!! Wonderful!!!

Becky!!! Am I missing the little person that is going to rub my feet??? Just kidding!! I love a good foot bath!!

Tab.....I love the bath sorbet, I am gonna send that to my mom! I love the little gingerbread guy!!!

I am still digging thru the box...

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Shannan, that is a matching scent to the salt bar. It is my thick body cream. Use it all over the body. :) I'm sorry, :oops: my bad that I did not put what it was on the front, I thought I had when I printed the labels. :(

Paul.... :wink:

pepperi27

Reaction score
Shannon I liked your soaps but for some reason they felt like clay? Mind you I do not make cp at all am no expert. I would've loved to use them but sensitive skin. I do however love your shea butter balm i make mine differently but my bf and I used it last night! I also loved your packaging.

Paul I had no idea until I read the posts that it was a salt bar I was like what the heck? Now I know how do I use it like regular soap? I thought it was a pumice stone for my feet! Loved the creme!

Pink Loved LOved your wholesome soap even used it to shave today before starting my new job. Made my soap soft and did not itch at all. The bath bombs are scaring but I'm going to use one tongiht Had a long day!

Tab my daughter stole your sorbet! She loved it and the smell!

Bret your peppermint soap is great! Looks like cp soap I had to reread your ingredients!

I hope everyone liked my items?

The pin was so cute my daughter stole that as well!

The lemon balm I gave to my mom cause she loves that scent! The sugar scrub is in my shower for the morning! The milk bath got all over everything but there was still some left to take a bath with! I loved the jars so cute.

EDITED TO ADD
I love the gnome card! Very artistic and cute my daughter stole that too this is why I forgot to mention this!

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Pepper, yes, use it like a regular CP bar. I like using it in my hair! Fantastic lather and squeaky clean hair!

Paul.... :)

Tabitha

Reaction score
I will fill in the blanks over the next couple of days as I get a chance to sample everything!

Becky:
Choco Mint Milk Soak:I dumpped the WHOLE bag in my bath water & it was dreamy!
Lemon Butter:Would you share the source of your fragrance? I think it was my fav scent in this swap!
Lemon Whipped Scrub:Love the attention todetail w/ the disc inserts. There was no need for otion after this scrub either. It added tons of maoirure on it's own.

Paul:
Salt Bar:I have been enjoying a full size salt bar over the past few weeks & just want to warn... don't use it as a shaving soap :oops: . Talk about rubbing salt into 10,000 tiny little wounds. It does detox very well.
Creme:I love the texture of the creme, it's almost a body butter if you ask me.

Pepper:This was the perfct little sampler gift set. You should list these on etsy (if you haven't already).
Bath Bomb: Used this the first night. Nice texture, disolves well, not too quick & not too slow. It is a great size too. Because of the oil in the bomb I did not have to use lotion! I love to eliminate a step!
Autumn Spice Soap:
Autumn Spice Lotion:

Smelli:
FlowerBomb Soap:This might be THE pretties bar I have ever seen. I love the way you frost the tops & aren't afraid of color!
Pumpkin Soap: Love the scrubbies in this, is it cinnamon?
Butter:You have completely stumped by the texture & just love it. It is spongy & that intruiges me! I would die for this recipe(or at least a point in the right direction)!

Tamara:
Let it Snow pin: What a nice surprise. I was not expecting a mini sculpture!

Epona:
Cool Peppermint CP SoapLOVE this soap, you fooled me I thought it was CP. It is the perfect scent if you have a head=ache or a cold. It will clear you right up. The glide was nice too!

Pink: I love the idea behind your line "Festive", "Wholesome", "Sweet" That is VERY cleaver. I have always wanted a clever line but have never acted on it. I am also impressed by your attention to detail w/ the snowflake punch.
Wholesome Soap:NICE oilive oil soap. It feels silkey & has a great glide!
Festive Soap:
Bath Bombs: Nice & big! It is nice to have bath bombs on hand w/o oil in them, that way I do not have to clean the tub out after my relaxing bath! They fizzed & released their scent well.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice tab but I didnt think my bath bomb was good enough for selling? They never get round like pink's and Ive tried making them for months! Maybe it was the humidity so maybe I'll try some tonight! Thanks so much for the feedback it was greatly appreciated! My daughter says thank you for the foamy stuff! She loves it!

Tabitha

Reaction score
Pepper, to make the bath bombs round like tha you have to pack them into a meat baller or a snow baller or something like that. I asumed you made them disc shaped on purpose. I have seen them all sorts of shapes.

Epona, that is M&P? Fooled me :oops: , it had a great glide!

pink-north

Reaction score
I'm glad you all liked the stuff. (and NO I don't have my box yet :evil: ) : I didn't put oil in the bombs, I will try that next time. As for the packaging, I'm thinking shrink wrap will be better. I'm very new to this and that's the best I could come up with short notice.

I don't think I'll uses stearic acid anymore either. All in all it sounds like it was well received. I'm very pleased :D.

BTW, Smelli what address did you send it to.

*FYI for any of you shipping to Canada. Label it as a GIFT, or it will get held up at the border and ther recipient will have to pay duty.

Bret

Reaction score
Soapmaker Man said:
Shannan, that is a matching scent to the salt bar. It is my thick body cream. Use it all over the body. :) I'm sorry, :oops: my bad that I did not put what it was on the front, I thought I had when I printed the labels. :(

Paul.... :wink:
Where did you get the bottles? They're so cute!

Becky

Reaction score
My box finally arrived, and I've weakened and opened it. I was going to keep it for xmas, but it smelt so good!!

BTW, I think someone in customs was jealous & wanted to see the goodies. There was a notice on the box saying that it had been opened and inspected.

I have just started using Paul's salt soap, and love it!! The lotion is lovely also!

Everything else is SO AWESOME!! I will update as I use stuff..

Tabitha wrote:

Becky:
Choco Mint Milk Soak:I dumpped the WHOLE bag in my bath water & it was dreamy!
Lemon Butter:Would you share the source of your fragrance? I think it was my fav scent in this swap!
Lemon Whipped Scrub:Love the attention todetail w/ the disc inserts. There was no need for otion after this scrub either. It added tons of maoirure on it's own.
The scent in the tootsie butter was lemon mrytle essential oil, added at about .5% of the total.

I'm hoping that your thongs (flip-flops) fit at least some of you? I had ordered everyones sizes, so I thought, won't be using that supplier again!

Wintersnow

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to use anything yet, been busy trying to make it through a nasty ice storm. We lost all power, heat, phones for almost 3 days. My back yard looks like a war zone with all the broken limbs and split trees. One tree fell just a foot from my bedroom window. What a mess!

I will say everything smells yummy and I'm looking forward to using each and every one.

I'm glad you all liked the pins, I was worried about that since it wasn't a bath product.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Wintersnow, I was just reading about that storm, I think it is heading this way! Dang I hate cold weather, if i lose my power, I think I will just have to strangle someone :)

G

Shannon I liked your soaps but for some reason they felt like clay?
Wonder why? Anyone have an idea? Thats the only soap that did that.. interesting.. and its only on the top... HMMMMMM

Tab... Recipe... I can do something for you. PM me :wink:

Hey Pink! Did you get the box yet? Becky got hers.. I would have thought you would havent gotten yours before her. And i didnt know to mark "gift" on the box :( Im sorry :(

pink-north

Reaction score
ooops :oops: posted in wrong thread

I GOT IT!!! I COT IT!!! I'm so happy. :D IT'S HERE!!!! :D Thank you very much Smelli (do you mind that I call you that) for all you've done. It did finally get here, and yes I had to pay AGAIN!!! I'm convinced it's a conspiracy to get more money for their holiday party, but I digress.

Anyway... I just got the box home and the kids are all in to it. I will give more feed back as I start using everything, and figuring out who sent what.

Becky.... Love the thongs (flip-flops) my kids got the whole Australian theme right away. (That's what homeschooling will do) Unfortunately they don't fit me. There's a debate right now about who they should go to. (I'm putting my money on the girl). I can't wait to try the choc-mint milk bath (please tell me that was from you)

Paul.... I'm not laughing. The soap bar looks and smells wonderful. More updates to follow.

Pepper.... The sampler set is so cute. I'm looking forward to that.

Tamara.... Frosty LIVES!!! I think it's adorable. Perfect to pin a nice scarf

Epona... Love the smell of the soap, can't waitto try it.

Tab.... The little card is cute. My son took the charm that was on the package (I don't think I'll see it again) I think my daughter is trying to sneak the bath sorbet to her room.

Smelli.... What can I say? The soaps are beautiful. I love them. I think my daughter is stealing one as I type. The foot balm, will never be used by anyone but me (that's my plan anyway). I love the texture and the smell and oh my feet need to be pampered, and ....OOOOOHHH!!!! I just can't wait.

As I mentioned above I have just received my box and have not had a chance to try anything. I'm so thankful to all of you for participating. Again I hope you enjoy(ed) your bags of goodies from the great white north (And it is white. We have SO much snow). I will give updates over the next few days.

* side note: the kids have dressed up in all the wrapping paper (father's genes)

Latest posts