Fed up, feeling overwhelmed, and no place to vent...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
Pardon me while I sit here and scream.... plug your ears if you can, it's gonna be loud...

Sigh...

I'm fed up with people committing to things and not following through - especially when their lack of follow through impacts my world so heavily.
I'm overwhelmed with the stress of trying to solve problems beyond my control, with little to no support or resources - especially when these problems would not exist if people were responsible.
And I'm sorry to vent it here, when not a one of you is in any way part of it or has any desire to hear it - but right now my world is upside down, full of self absorbed vipers who can't be trusted, and I can't talk to any of them because it will cause a freight train of drama I just don't have the energy to deal with.

I'm tired. Deep in my bones tired. Of working my behind off and other people destroying my world. I know it will get better, things will move forward, as life tends to do. But at the moment I just want someone to tell me I will be okay so I can get through this demoralizing process of posting for sale stuff so I can cover someone else's irresponsibility.

Thanks for listening, and feel free delete this if it was inappropriate for the forum. I just needed to say this out loud to real live non-narcissistic people who actually listen and give a crud.

G

Oh no, Gigi! I don't know what's going on, but I'm praying for it to all work out. ((((((((((((((Big hugs to you!))))))))))))))))))))

IrishLass :)

TY IL, I appreciate it, really. I'm feeling very frustrated and stressed and so very tired of having to give up what little I have thanks to other people's inability to be responsible. I probably wouldn't be angry with them if it weren't for my inability to understand why they can't be responsible. I make a third of what they do, sometimes not even five figures a year, yet my portion of rent is always ready on time, and I take care of myself. So I find it hard to understand how they, with their exponentially larger financial capabilities, can't meet the same amount of financial responsibilities I do, and put me behind the eight ball in the process. I'm sorry, I'm emotional right now, and it's leaking onto this reply. I'm going to go back to taking pics of my stuff to post, so I can try fix the problem they created for me. I really appreciate the hugs, I needed them. TY. ::::hugs::::

You need to have a sit down, rational discussion with those persons. Explain exactly what the issue and the solution is. Make notes ahead of time, and stick with them. If they are not capable of understanding adult human responsibilities, then you need to look for other roommates.

If you keep allowing them to do this, they never will get better. You teach people how to treat you. If you allow them to use you over and over, when you finally put your foot down, then you are the bad guy. Start as you mean to go on. Don't allow them to continue their bad behavior.

{hugs}

You need to have a sit down, rational discussion with those persons. Explain exactly what the issue and the solution is. Make notes ahead of time, and stick with them. If they are not capable of understanding adult human responsibilities, then you need to look for other roommates.

If you keep allowing them to do this, they never will get better. You teach people how to treat you. If you allow them to use you over and over, when you finally put your foot down, then you are the bad guy. Start as you mean to go on. Don't allow them to continue their bad behavior.

{hugs}

I agree Susie, and this is only her third month as roommate. First month, everything was fine. Last month, minor crisis, but solvable. We sat and talked and I made it clear I cannot be responsible for her portion and it can't happen again. This month? Not only does she not have it on time, she will only have a portion of it by tomorrow, which is already 2 days past their limits. So now we're eating even more fees, that accrue daily, and I'm the one literally posting my bed, furniture, sewing machine, etc for sale to make up the difference because talking to her will not solve the immediate dilemma and I have no desire to be homeless on Saturday. Where is she right now? Hiding at a friend's house because she is "stressed out" and "doing her best". Where am I? Packing my clothes into boxes so I can sell my furniture, packing my belongings in case I end up on the floor at a friend's studio apartment.

I will tell you this - I'm sure learning real fast who my real friends are (which has turned out to be depressing in itself), and I will be making it clear I need cash in hand weekly for rent while I look for another roommate (pray I find one who isn't crazy or a meth head - you don't usually find the cream of the crop when you're the one seeking the roomie. all the weirdos come out to play at times like that lol)

I'm also horribly disappointed in her. She is a friend, who I thought would never do this. And I'm saddened by all of it.

Gigi, I'm sorry you are having to go through this. We all get our share of irresponsible people and pseudo friends in life and it's really frustrating to forever be picking up the pieces and start fresh. But one thing they serve is, to make us strong.Hoping things will straighten out soon enough for you. Hugs..

Gigi, I'm sorry you are having to go through this. We all get our share of irresponsible people and pseudo friends in life and it's really frustrating to forever be picking up the pieces and start fresh. But one thing they serve is, to make us strong.Hoping things will straighten out soon enough for you. Hugs..

TY kumundini ::: hugs::::

Last edited:
"So I find it hard to understand how they, with their exponentially larger financial capabilities, can't meet the same amount of financial responsibilities I do, and put me behind the eight ball in the process."

My guess would be that it's a problem of misplaced priorities. I worked with many young people who had every Ipod, Iphone, Ipad, Ieverything, nice car, designer handbag, took nice vacations, but......nothing and I mean nothing in savings. We all love our friends and want to help them, but I would tell them, "I'll bail you out once, but after that you're on your own." If there are never any consequences, some people never learn. Some people will take advantage of you for as long as you let them. Be sure to take care of yourself!

awwww.gif

"So I find it hard to understand how they, with their exponentially larger financial capabilities, can't meet the same amount of financial responsibilities I do, and put me behind the eight ball in the process."

My guess would be that it's a problem of misplaced priorities. I worked with many young people who had every Ipod, Iphone, Ipad, Ieverything, nice car, designer handbag, took nice vacations, but......nothing and I mean nothing in savings. We all love our friends and want to help them, but I would tell them, "I'll bail you out once, but after that you're on your own." If there are never any consequences, some people never learn. Some people will take advantage of you for as long as you let them. Be sure to take care of yourself!

good point... and if she were in her twenties, I'd probably be less disappointed and angry... but since she is nearly my age, I'm having trouble mustering sufficient understanding for such immature management. I understand falling behind, we all go through that.. but this seems to be her default way of running her life.

I'm so very sorry you are going through this GiGi. I know it's extremely stressful. I have a sister like navigator9 is talking about. She's in her 50's now and doesn't have a pot to pee in.

You really need to track her butt down and give her a come to the light talk. You need to tell her she needs to pay her share now. It's your livelihood and likely your credit at risk. Big hugs to you that things will work out and get better. Stay strong.

Yes, very frustrating. And she doesn't have much, considering she keeps living by the seat of her pants. I am not even close to comfortable, let alone rich, and what I own might be second hand, but it's mine. Moving for her, is grabbing two suitcases. Moving for me is having to put it in storage. Not to mention how hard it would be to find another place once you're booted for lease violation or nonpayment. It's ridiculous and no way to live. Like I said - I may not make much but I manage to have my bills paid, and I live within my means to ensure I don't screw my roommate over by being short or late.

Ugh - frustrated beyond belief. TY ladies ::::hugs::::

Going back to sorting out my stuff.

good point... and if she were in her twenties, I'd probably be less disappointed and angry... but since she is nearly my age, I'm having trouble mustering sufficient understanding for such immature management. I understand falling behind, we all go through that.. but this seems to be her default way of running her life.

33 isn't much beyond twenties, Gigi

Oh my you give me more credit than I deserve. . I'm way past 33 ... good grief that was two decades ago lol

Eta - but you're right, it is not that much farther than the twenties.

Last edited:
Um no. I would be selling her stuff to cover rent. I would tell her, but man, she would also be out and locks changed.

I'm sorry. It really sucks.

I completely agree. She may not have much either, but she'd have even less by the time I got through paying her share of the rent..

One time, ok. It's an inconvenience but you can pay me back later. Two times? Negative ghost rider.. your coughing up the cash one way or another..lol.

You'll get through this GiGi. Hopefully you find a new roommate asap and they're not a crazy person.

I have a 32 yo niece who is pretty much the same. She FINALLY has a decent job as an RN after 12 years of milking the educational system. Even now, she never has any money because she spends it before she makes it. She has cheated, stolen from, and lied to family members, including my mom (her grandmother). She flits after "get rich quick" schemes with the hope that they're going to make her "financially independent". I tolerate her because she's family, but I don't trust her an inch.

I'm not sure where n the world you live, Gigi, but if the rules are similar to those in the state of Iowa, I can say you won't be out on the streets for being 1 month in arrears on your rent. There's a formal process to evict a tenant and this process takes time. Rather than sell your stuff and suffer in silence, I would first talk to your landlord and/or someone in a legal aid clinic and see what options are open to you. In the meantime, make a good faith effort to pay your part of the rent and other bills on time. Is there the option to get this gal out of your place and find someone else to be a responsible roomie? If so, you'll only have one rough month to deal with.

Last edited:
GiGi, I am so sorry you are going through this. I would definitely speak with your landlord and see if you can get out. Clearly your roommate has a pattern of behavior that you are paying in more ways than one. I wouldn't sell your belongings. Maybe getting evicted is the best solution for you to break free of this situation and her. I would however talk with the landlord first before defaulting so your credit doesn't get affected. It's past time for her to take responsibility for her mistakes and irresponsibility. Bailing her out time and time again is only going to drain you financially, stress you out, and further divide your friendship by harboring resentment. She has to clean up her own mess. I am very sorry you are going through this.Sending positive energy your way. Hopefully you can fix this without selling off your belongings. Depending upon how the lease was written, you may only be responsible for your portion. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back