Fed up, feeling overwhelmed, and no place to vent...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gigi, that's a horrible situation that your roommates have put you in! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with such irresponsible people. I hope things get better for you and I hope your roommates realize how inconsiderate and childish they're being.

Gigi, I'm sorry your roommate is causing you stress. I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, so {{hugs}} instead. I hope things work out, and until then, Drop and Swear!

Bless your heart, you are going through such a rough time. My heart is with you. I hope the situation gets better soon, and you find a more helpful room mate! Big hugs from me too! However bad the situation gets, it does always get better. You will find a way through, just be strong with your roommates and look after yourself too!

This sounds awful Gigi. I'm so sorry. I really hope you manage to get things sorted out without too much more personal loss and that you find a new roommate who is as conscientious and responsible as you are. I spent a lot of my time getting angry and being disappointed in people because I expected them to behave in the same way that I would do myself. Unfortunately not everyone is the same and some people just bumble along expecting everyone else to sort out their problems. Those are the people you don't need in your life. Hopefully things will start to look up for you soon. *hugs*

Ugh, getting sucked into other peoples chaos is no fun. So stinky that this is happening to you! Have hope that it will work out, the universe usually takes care of things. I think your community here online supports you, I haven't been on this board long but long enough to read how they all care. Just breathe......

I agree with Dee - they can't throw you out that quick. And I also agree with the others who say you should not sell your stuff to cover her end. That is ENABLING her to do it again, which she will. It also makes you a victim, which you should not be.

Good luck. I hope you find solutions that result in you keeping your home with a better roommate to share it with.

TY all so very much for the hugs, support, and pep talks. Her and I talked a little and we will see what she can work out tonight and tomorrow. I'm busting hump here and made it clear I expect her to be busting hump too. Once past the crisis, then we will sit and have a come to Jesus moment about how this may or may not work moving forward. We will see.

In the meantime, I'm chugging forward, nose to the grind stone, focused on solving this problem. If nothing else, I'll have gotten rid of a buncha stuff that's just been taking up space. Because.I'm working from the extra don't need it stuff towards the it is needed stuff. With any kinda luck and some serious sweating by my guardian angel, it will be solved before we get to the need it stuff.

You really need to lay it on the line with her. Don't let her abuse your kindness and your need to keep the roof over your head. She needs to put on the big girl panties and act like an adult. I know sometimes people just don't have a clue (my sister) but you need to make it clear it's not acceptable. Unfortunately, this has become your Monkey and your Circus but it needs to end as it shouldn't be that way.

I am so glad you came here and opened your heart to us. So often we chat about soap etc and forget there is someone behind the posts. Gigi you are so upbeat on here and regularly make me smile and laugh so keep up that attitude and kick this room mate to the kerb. Ain't nobody got time for that kind of behaviour. You are a lovely lady, don't let her get to you. And keep posting if you need to vent, we all have situations that make us mad, sad and incredulous!! Xx

I don't think "laying it on the line" will work with this woman as a room-mate. There's a reason that a woman over 30 is living out of a few suitcases, and in this case that reason is that she is financially irresponsible. She may shape up for a while, but you'll probably be facing this same dilemma in a few months. IMO, you might do better to look for a grad student or a newly-divorced woman as a roomie.

TY all, you're a blessing for letting me vent and not thinking I'm being a whiny child over this. I do try to stay positive all the time but sometimes the weight of things takes its toll.

I agree with all that you all are saying and believe me, we will be having a chat. And I'm going to be talking to a friend about possibly finding a new roommate. We will see what happens when I talk with her about the new requirements for paying rent (weekly in hand, no option, no payment you and your stuff are out immediately). I'm also working on a backup plan so I'm not in this crisis again unprotected.

Again, TY all so very much for being so supportive. Means a great deal to me :::::hugs:::::

Latest posts

Back