February SMF Challenge- Soap dough

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if it's an issue with image file format. I have not looked at them all but those two ^^ are PNG files while the few I did look at on the main thread were JPGs. Perhaps the survey monkey site does not like PNGs.

I wonder if it's an issue with image file format. I have not looked at them all but those two ^^ are PNG files while the few I did look at on the main thread were JPGs. Perhaps the survey monkey site does not like PNGs.

They both look like JPEG files according to my browser's 'view image info' results. So I don't think that's the problem.

Voted! All photos were there, thanks for great hosting Newbie, with all the work and headache you must have gone through.

Last edited:
My CP is now ready, but sadly I have no more time. oh well.

Jewels, actually your pepperoni, I mean poppies is one of my favorites! I am wondering if there is a poppy scent out there!

My CP is now ready, but sadly I have no more time. oh well.

Jewels, actually your pepperoni, I mean poppies is one of my favorites! I am wondering if there is a poppy scent out there!

You are too funny! And thank you! I did see a few poppy scents out there, but shipping would have taken too long. I didn’t think far enough ahead.

Disaster has struck. My CP base has failed dismally, partial gel only ... kinda like fine porridge.

Soap is definitely a dark art. A week later my 'failed' black CP base has matured quite nicely. It's still a little granular in texture but is firm and soaplike now. I guess it just needed some quiet time to gel. Now that I can shave the main block the insert 'bubbles' look a lot nicer.

Creature photo:

Soap is definitely a dark art. A week later my 'failed' black CP base has matured quite nicely. It's still a little granular in texture but is firm and soaplike now. I guess it just needed some quiet time to gel. Now that I can shave the main block the insert 'bubbles' look a lot nicer.

Photo's?
:)

(Edited to add photo)

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow. I had an urgent order, from 14yo, to fill so just relegated froggy to a shelf out of the way. The order was for more shampoo bars, so he will clean himself with a Millenium Falcon syndet bar tonight. Hardly seems fair, slowly learning nice natural CP soaping and family keeps asking for more syndet. Oh well.

I did photograph the shampoo though ... Millenium Falcons, X-wings, and Death Stars. What more could a boy be wanting to stay clean?

2018 03 03 syndet shampoo bars.jpg

Wow! Your little fellow has turned out superbly. He looks like a ring tailed possum there.

Last edited:
Odd, I can see dxw's pics but not Saltedfig's. I tried going to the SMF website but my phone keeps opening the app. I think I need a new phone.

Arianna, I've changed the permissions to public (they were set to members before). Please let me know if this helps (or not). :)

Maybe tomorrow. I had an urgent order, from 14yo, to fill so just relegated froggy to a shelf out of the way. The order was for more shampoo bars, so he will clean himself with a Millenium Falcon syndet bar tonight. Hardly seems fair, slowly learning nice natural CP soaping and family keeps asking for more syndet. Oh well.

I did photograph the shampoo though ... Millenium Falcons, X-wings, and Death Stars. What more could a boy be wanting to stay clean?

View attachment 29189

Wow! Your little fellow has turned out superbly. He looks like a ring tailed possum there.

Thank you!

That's awesome that they are coming back for more ... give it time and you might shift them a bit your way (to the soapy side) :D

Last edited:
Huge congratulations to the winners. Your entries were so deserving in a challenge where so many people really put together beautiful and creative work.

Thanks newbie. It was a great challenge.

This was one of the most fun challenges I've been in, thanks newbie :)

Congratulations to Roselyne, Scard and Serene. Well deserved wins for beautiful pieces of work!

(The creativity in all the entries was amazing. Congratulations everyone :))

Last edited:
Thanks everybody, that was a lot of fun. Congrats to Roselyn and Serene. All the entries were great and thanks for hosting the challenge newbie. I look forward to the next one. I learned so much. I've got two more batches of dough in baggies waiting for me. I think their texture is better than my first attempt, but I won't be sure until I get my hands into them. I'm glad you liked my soap. I'll go play now!
(I was challenged before I even enteredo_O)

Roselyne, scard & Serene, congratulations on your well deserved accolades. Such gorgeous soaps!
Newbie this was a wonderful challenge. Thank you! And thank you to all who joined in to share your experience and/or learning process.

Back