February SMF Challenge- Soap dough

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nothing like what will (probably) be my entry. I was playing around with clay. I think they video I was watching was by Nancy's Garden. I think this is the right one? It was a lot easier than I feared. I might make more just to use up my remaining pink soap dough.
20180218_140303.jpg

Well, I think I am frustrated because I was using MP, instead of CP. Not sure if I have time to do one more thing, and try the CP.

because I did another, and I am not happy either.... :(

After spending a weekend molding leaves, I still do not have an entry done. The dough that I made last week using the baggie method is still much softer than the recipe normally is. I think there is something to the air exposure I got when using the cups. I'm struggling with the newer dough when molding. I probably won't have my challenge done in time to enter. Will see how it goes over the next few nights. Or if work doesn't pick up today, I may take PTO and go home to binge watch NetFlix and mold soap dough... or run the snowblower. We got a few inches overnight and the sun is out today, so I have a serious desire to be outside doing something.

...The dough that I made last week using the baggie method is still much softer ...

Ditto, still too soft and sticky for my intentions. Lovely bold colours, as desired, but no so workable. We will see :)

This is my second soap. I made cane embeds with my leftover dough. I think I'll try planing the top a little more before I gift them so that the embeds show more.
IMG_20180220_180253.jpg

I made some pretty soap dough embeds and thought of a great idea.... and it didn’t turn out to be that great, so I cut it into pieces to make it into an “interesting” piece... but sadly didn’t get the time to do it yet... I hope I will make it before the deadline

So while I am NOT 100% happy with my entries, mainly because it was really difficult to work with MP dough, I manage 2.

One is a stand alone, and the other one soapish. Which one do I enter?

lol, I am down to Plan D now. My dough still has mostly sticky-gloop features and my Saturday has just been decimated with another commitment. Still, I have started some assembly for Plan D and am trying refrigeration in the hope it will firm the dough up and make it a little more workable.

Entries posted to-date are awesome. Whoah!!!

The other entries have shown me that I need a better imagination lol! The owl eye, the Victorian box, wow! So creative!

Back