February Challenge- Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I wish they were soaps I made. I would like to make a soap that looks like that.

I just tried Zany's no slime castile soap and chopped up a bar to see how it looked throughout. I mushed the pieces together so as not to waste. Colors don't look like a stone but the pattern is fun!

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 1.10.41 PM.png

Any further takers on the challenge? How are people coming along?

One of my goals is to get malachite, but I haven't gotten it yet. I might be able to get malachite chips though.... maybe.View attachment 36083 View attachment 36084
I think I have that same malachite picture saved - it's beautiful and would make a stunning soap. I have a plan, but haven't tried yet. I want to try your fissure technique, and am going to make extra batter to use when that goes sideways. :p

Just finished photographing my little beauties, at great personal cost, lol -- it's co-cold and very windy today in Denver ! But the soap stones are quite lovely and I am pleased. :nodding:

Malachite or Green Jasper was what I was going to try as well. Looks like there might be a lot of green soaps!:D

I find a lot of green micas thicken soap batter which makes it difficult to keep it fluid for a good pour. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way around that. Had another fail today.

I'm a dork, I know.. but how do we check if we have 50 posts? I'd love to join in a few of these challenges (but not this month!)

As I was telling myself I wasn't going to enter this month because I'm busy and all.. I found myself in my kitchen today attempting to make soap stones.. guess I'll have to enter now!

1. Misschief - I REALLY want to try this!
2. Primrose - Wow what a cool tutorial!
3. Dawni - I think I can finally have a go at a challenge
4. Hendejm - I am going to plan better this month!
5. Geniash - So excited to try this!
6. Meena - This challenge may be one that I'm actually capable of fulfilling as a still-new soaper, heh heh
7. zanzalawi- it is my destiny :p
8. dibbles - messing with my soap on purpose - this will be interesting
9. SaltedFig - Stone Soap Rocks
10. KiwiMoose - Oh alright then. I have an idea for this, but I can't promise I will receive my supplies I need to do it before the entries close. Keep yer fingers crossed for me that they arrive.
11. earlene - want to get back in the groove
12. MarnieSoapien - I think I can, I think I can.
13.Terri E -I love soapy rocks! :)))))))))
14. midnightsoaper - this is my 50th post :D
15. szaza - the stones are calling me!

Way to go, szaza!

Even if people are making other types of soaps, you can use scraps to mush together to see what you get or pour off small amounts of batter into a paper cup even. Thankfully, a soap stone is small which means you don't have to make pounds of soap to try.

Onward!

Well I'm so new I probably don't have enough posts to enter, but this looks fun so I 'm going to give it a try just for the experience.

1. Misschief - I REALLY want to try this!
2. Primrose - Wow what a cool tutorial!
3. Dawni - I think I can finally have a go at a challenge
4. Hendejm - I am going to plan better this month!
5. Geniash - So excited to try this!
6. Meena - This challenge may be one that I'm actually capable of fulfilling as a still-new soaper, heh heh
7. zanzalawi- it is my destiny :p
8. dibbles - messing with my soap on purpose - this will be interesting
9. SaltedFig - Stone Soap Rocks
10. KiwiMoose - Oh alright then. I have an idea for this, but I can't promise I will receive my supplies I need to do it before the entries close. Keep yer fingers crossed for me that they arrive.
11. earlene - want to get back in the groove
12. MarnieSoapien - I think I can, I think I can.
13.Terri E -I love soapy rocks! :)))))))))
14. midnightsoaper - this is my 50th post :D
15. szaza - the stones are calling me!
16. SideDoorSoaps - I really wasn’t gonna but now I NEED to try something that I’ve been wanting to do for awhile!

Get talking, @SYT! You can enter anytime before the entry thread closes, so you could still get there. Chat it up and then put yourself on the list. ;)

Even if you don't choose to post a lot, you can post a picture here of your soap stone (just not in the entry thread) because you know how much we all like gawking at everyone's soaps.

Latest posts

Back