February Challenge- Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops. I thought you said loaf, but I think you changed to slab. I want to make absolutely certain I have the right picture. Can you tell me the number (first, second, third...) of the photo in your entry?

Oops. I thought you said loaf, but I think you changed to slab. I want to make absolutely certain I have the right picture. Can you tell me the number (first, second, third...) of the photo in your entry?

I did say loaf but I happened to think about it and it's more of a slab. The 6th picture down just before the cut :)

Also, I shall be mean and pushy. Surely everyone can squish some scraps together to get a stone, even if you didn't have time to go specifically for a rock look! Enter something, for heaven't sake! It's all for fun and the more entries, the more fun.

Here are two of my squishers. They don't look like stones/rocks but what the heck!

fullsizeoutput_521.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_520.jpeg

Also, I shall be mean and pushy. Surely everyone can squish some scraps together to get a stone, even if you didn't have time to go specifically for a rock look! Enter something, for heaven't sake! It's all for fun and the more entries, the more fun.

Here are two of my squishers. They don't look like stones/rocks but what the heck!

View attachment 36404 View attachment 36405

I love squishers! The bottom one is awesome!!

@Misschief I love your amethyst, Ev! Very nicely shaped, as well.

@Terri E Your entry stones are so cute! I felt like I was in a rock shop where they have those open table bins of miscellaneous stones to paw through!

Time to work on my entry post!

Your entry stones are so cute! I felt like I was in a rock shop where they have those open table bins of miscellaneous stones to paw through!

Time to work on my entry post![/QUOTE]

Thanks! It was fun to do ;)

Last edited:
Everyone is doing such a nice job of their stone soaps. My motivation is just lacking, I am afraid. I really want to get back into the groove and make some soap and was hoping to do so this week. Well, it's Saturday and the week has come to an end, so I guess I'll have to hope to say that ship has sailed. Tomorrow is another day, so I will make an effort to clear my worktable and get busy.

@szaza I love your obsidian arrowheads! The sheen you got on them is just beautiful!

Your perseverance with figuring out how to carve them paid off in spades (heh heh), just handsome as all get-out.

(Where the devil did that old expression come from, i wonder?? o_O)

@szaza I love your obsidian arrowheads! The sheen you got on them is just beautiful!

Your perseverance with figuring out how to carve them paid off in spades (heh heh), just handsome as all get-out.

@Meena Lol! I use that expression too ;)

@Meena Lol! I use that expression too ;)

Featured snippet from the web
In the card game of "Bridge" the suits of cards (hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades) have ranks, with spades being the highest rank. Making the Ace of Spades the top card, as it were. When you say you have something "in spades" you have a great abundance of it, or a high degree of quality of it.
phrases - What does "in spades" mean? - English Language & Usage ...

https://english.stackexchange.com/q/162372

Everyone is doing such a nice job of their stone soaps. My motivation is just lacking, I am afraid. I really want to get back into the groove and make some soap and was hoping to do so this week. Well, it's Saturday and the week has come to an end, so I guess I'll have to hope to say that ship has sailed. Tomorrow is another day, so I will make an effort to clear my worktable and get busy.
Earlene, I'm surprised I managed to make mine, to be honest. I've been sick all week with a cold/flu bug of some kind. I'm on the mend but still very tired and weak. I did manage to get out for a couple of hours today but needed a nap; it about did me in!

Latest posts

Back