February Challenge- Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. Misschief - I REALLY want to try this!
2. Primrose - Wow what a cool tutorial!
3. Dawni - I think I can finally have a go at a challenge
4. Hendejm - I am going to plan better this month!
5. Geniash - So excited to try this!
6. Meena - This challenge may be one that I'm actually capable of fulfilling as a still-new soaper, heh heh
7. zanzalawi- it is my destiny :p
8. dibbles - messing with my soap on purpose - this will be interesting
9. SaltedFig - Stone Soap Rocks
10. KiwiMoose - Oh alright then. I have an idea for this, but I can't promise I will receive my supplies I need to do it before the entries close. Keep yer fingers crossed for me that they arrive.
11. earlene - want to get back in the groove
12. MarnieSoapien - I think I can, I think I can.
13.Terri E -I love soapy rocks! :)))))))))
14. midnightsoaper - this is my 50th post :D
15. szaza - the stones are calling me!
16. SideDoorSoaps - I really wasn’t gonnabut now I NEED to try something that I’vebeen wanting to do for awhile
17. Jules92207 - good challenge to get back into the groove since I’ve been MIA a while
18. @Carolyne Thrasher - I’m not sure if we can still sign up but I just crossed the 50 post threshold so here goes.

Thanks @SaltedFig :) I'm quite happy with how they turned out. I am starting to realize carving seems to be a bit of a go-to for me when I want to do something fancy.. maybe I'll have to get out of that comfort zone next month;)

Haha @MarnieSoapien great pun:cool::D I hope he'll like them

Only one is soap, szaza. ;)
I know and I love it! ;)
I really like the way you played with the white, it's just enough to be realistic. And I also like the way you carved the 'stone'. The color is a bit different, but I think I actually like the color of your soap better than the real amethist;) (though that's really subjective, I'm generally not a big fan of purple)

I know and I love it! ;)
I really like the way you played with the white, it's just enough to be realistic. And I also like the way you carved the 'stone'. The color is a bit different, but I think I actually like the color of your soap better than the real amethist;) (though that's really subjective, I'm generally not a big fan of purple)
Thank you!

@Misschief, Your Amethylst soap is perfectly purple!
clap-smiley-face.gif

(the white veins through flecks of different purple tones - brilliant!)

1. Misschief - I REALLY want to try this!
2. Primrose - Wow what a cool tutorial!
3. Dawni - I think I can finally have a go at a challenge
4. Hendejm - I am going to plan better this month!
5. Geniash - So excited to try this!
6. Meena - This challenge may be one that I'm actually capable of fulfilling as a still-new soaper, heh heh
7. zanzalawi- it is my destiny :p
8. dibbles - messing with my soap on purpose - this will be interesting
9. SaltedFig - Stone Soap Rocks
10. KiwiMoose - Oh alright then. I have an idea for this, but I can't promise I will receive my supplies I need to do it before the entries close. Keep yer fingers crossed for me that they arrive.
11. earlene - want to get back in the groove
12. MarnieSoapien - I think I can, I think I can.
13.Terri E -I love soapy rocks! :)))))))))
14. midnightsoaper - this is my 50th post :D
15. szaza - the stones are calling me!
16. SideDoorSoaps - I really wasn’t gonna but now I NEED to try something that I’ve been wanting to do for awhile
17. Jules92207 - good challenge to get back into the groove since I’ve been MIA a while
18. LaToya - I want to be able to judge

Nice take on the challenge @Terri E ! Love all the colorful little soap stones, the slab looks like a basket full of gemstones:D

I love the three completely different takes on soap stones in the entry thread! LOVE LOVE LOVE the creativity.

@Terri E, can you tell me which picture you would like in the survey? I really can't decide, so I will leave it to you to tell me.

Back