Feathered ITP swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soap Techniques

Reaction score
I've been testing some FOs from AHRE and also experimenting with the Feathered in-the-pot swirls. So here are my new soaps:

Satsuma:
satsuma%2B-%2Bfeathered%2BITP%2Bswirl.jpg

satsuma%2B-%2Bfeathered%2BITP%2Bswirl%2B2.jpg

Black Cherry:
Black%2BCherry%2B-%2BFeathered%2BITP%2BSwirl.jpg

and Hawaiian Sandalwood:
sandal%2B-%2Bfeathered%2BITP%2Bswirl.jpg

So let me see if I understand this...you put your colors in the bowl, poured them in the mold for an ITP (In The Pot) swirl...and then did you do something else like a hanger swirl???

Ooooo, pretty! I love them all. I love this style of swirl. It almost makes me want to start mucking about with colorants. Almost.

Ah, the pro shows how it's done. Funny, those are the exact same colors I envisioned for my satsuma soap, with a simple ITP swirl. But since I HAD to use beeswax in that recipe for some unknown reason, I end up with this instead.
Beautiful swirls, FM!
ETA: my favorite is the black cherry, simply superb.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So let me see if I understand this...you put your colors in the bowl, poured them in the mold for an ITP (In The Pot) swirl...and then did you do something else like a hanger swirl???

If I'm correct these have been created by the same method Clyde at Vibrant Soap used to create a few of his recents, look for his green tea & pear and also his black raspberry vanilla

Last edited:
So from your blog is it just achieved by doing a little bit of in the pot stirring or does the method of pour into your mould affect it too?

Those are fantastic! My favorite is the H Sandalwood as well - very striking!

I was eager to see your process and read your blog. You did these at medium trace? I've done the Clyde swirl twice and was very happy with the result so I thought I'd enter Amy's challenge. She insisted the key was to pour at a very thin trace, which confused the heck out of me because both of mine were definitely not. But my little came home sick from school and I haven't had the chance to test it out with a thin trace.

So from your blog is it just achieved by doing a little bit of in the pot stirring or does the method of pour into your mould affect it too?

Sonya, yeah I think the way its poured is the most important but I still need to experiment to be sure.

Have you seen these? [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHu3X51NVck[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T35qvpITaf4[/ame]

Those are stunning! I've stayed away from ITP swirls because I find them intimidating. But your photos make me want to try right now! Too bad I have to go to work :problem:

Latest posts

Back