Favourite youtube soapers? Do you have a soaping youtube channel?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBoar

Reaction score
Who are your favourite people to watch making soap online? Or do you prefer blogs? Do you have a channel and are you comfortable sharing your link?

My favorite hands down is Ariane Arsenault. I have a hard time with some that are long winded to get their point across. I too am interested with what others have to say.

Those are also some of my favorites. Also:

Missouri River Soap
Moonlit Soapworks
Handmade in Florida
SoapLily
Vibrant Soap
Soaping101
Nourishing Handmade

I'd include links, but youtube annoyed me by taking away the ability to organize subscriptions so I watch them in Feedly.

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I've enjoyed Eden's Secret and our own TVivian aka Soapish on Youtube. Kevin Devine is an adventurous soaper and I enjoy the topics he covers, but many of his videos could be edited to half their current length and end up being twice as good. I hate to say this, because he's really good ... just needs some polish to be even better.

Last edited:
I watch most of what everyone watches, but I had no idea that soupish was saponista, so I watched a couple and they are nicely done. Saponista I like that you get to the soaping quickly and the all white work area looks so clean. The carribbean soap is beautiful and I now want to try an in the pot swirl. Great job.

I love soaping 101 for some reason, her voice is so calm and the music is so happy.

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I've enjoyed Eden's Secret and our own Saponista aka Soapish on Youtube. Kevin Devine is an adventurous soaper and I enjoy the topics he covers, but many of his videos could be edited to half their current length and end up being twice as good. I hate to say this, because he's really good ... just needs some polish to be even better.

I think TVivian is Soapish on YouTube. Kevin Devine does have some very long videos, and I FF through a lot of them. It does seem that he has become more aware of that lately though and is editing more.

Last edited:
Oh dear. Thanks for the correction, Dibbles. You are right. My apologies to TVivian and Saponista.

My favorite hands down is Ariane Arsenault. I have a hard time with some that are long winded to get their point across. I too am interested with what others have to say.

I Google mapped where her shop is. It's in the middle of nowhere! I mean, remote nowhere. Amazed that she even has electricity, remote nowhere. How does she sell the amount of soap she makes?

I Google mapped where her shop is. It's in the middle of nowhere! I mean, remote nowhere. Amazed that she even has electricity, remote nowhere. How does she sell the amount of soap she makes?

No competitors XD And it's right where the boats come in. Looks like a beautiful place to live.

Her soap shop is on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

"...Her soap shop is on a boat in the middle of the ocean. ..."

Her soap shop is on a small island, yes, but not on a boat. The Madeleine Islands are also a tourist destination, so plenty of seasonal customers. If you watch the video in which she gives a tour of her shop, it looks surrounded by vacation homes and other artisan and gift shops. Check out TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g445053-Activities-Iles_de_la_Madeleine_Quebec.html

"...Her soap shop is on a boat in the middle of the ocean. ..."

Her soap shop is on a small island, yes, but not on a boat. The Madeleine Islands are also a tourist destination, so plenty of seasonal customers. If you watch the video in which she gives a tour of her shop, it looks surrounded by vacation homes and other artisan and gift shops. Check out TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g445053-Activities-Iles_de_la_Madeleine_Quebec.html

Just being silly :mrgreen: There's also a museum right next to it, she probably gets lots of people who have disposable income to splurge on soaps.

I believe she makes her own music for her videos too. I think that's really neat.

Hers and soap fantasy for melt and pour are my favorite. I don't watch too many anymore but I like those best for enjoyment watching. I also like royalty soaps. Handmade in Florida goes a little too quick on the important swirling parts for my taste!

For learning I think soap queen is good but too long and basic after a while. I don't like the voice of the soaping 101 lady so if I do watch, I mute it (I hope this isn't too mean!).

Vibrant Soap

Ariane Arsenault

Eve's Garden Soaps

Royalty soaps (very personable young lady)

Spicy Pinecone

A&N (forget the whole name. Her name is Jennfifer and and A&N are initials of her two little boys); but I like that she usually tells you what micas and FO's she using and shares information on how some oils behaved in the past, etc. She also sells supplies and her service is very good. She also has tutorials on how to use Avery software to create labels, make whipped soap, etc. etc.

There are others whose names escape me at the moment.

I tend to like the ones best who tell you what they're doing and why, tell you what colors and scents they're using etc. I'd rather they be chatty because I can always fast forward; but I don't like the videos that are so heavily edited, they get a bit of a manic feeling about them, nor those with music. I'd much rather hear the person speaking about the process, chat about their day, their choices, etc, or just enjoy some parts in silence.

Having said that I think they all have something to offer at times, so I still enjoy watching a lot of them. And of course while my leg heals for the next 2 1/2 months, I'll be watching some every day!

I don't like the voice of the soaping 101 lady so if I do watch, I mute it (I hope this isn't too mean!).

I like her voice, I think it's sultry ^_^
That's actually very helpful though because chances are people would hate my voice (for various reasons) So I might include titles.

I hope I can come across some more newbies who make videos. I don't think I have anything really to add to the conversation for people who have been doing it for a long time.

Back