Favourite Recipes - Shampoo, Etc.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLPamPam

Reaction score
Here are some recipes that I thought other soapers might be interested in. They have been very successful for me over the past 8 years.

Note: I take my water component, cut it in half when using milk, and mix my lye with only the water. I add the milk to the oils when I'm ready to mix in my lye. I also subtract some of the water (about 2 - 4 oz.), mix in my lye, then replace the missing water with ice cubes.

Please remember to melt the beeswax and cocoa butter before the other oils, as they take a long time to melt.

Shampoo Bars - 7% Superfat (4 lb.)

-12.2 oz. of cool water
-12.2 oz. Coconut Milk
-8.9 oz. lye (sodium hydroxide)
-4 oz. Cocoa Butter
-20 oz. Coconut Oil
-12 oz. Palm Oil
-8 oz. Olive Oil
-12 oz. Castor Oil (important for lather)
-4 oz. Hemp Oil
-4 oz. Avocado Oil
-2 Tbsp. Peppermint Essential Oil
-1/2 Tbsp. Rosemary Essential Oil
-1/2 Tbsp. Lavender Essential Oil
-20 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
-20 drops Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil

Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey - 5% Superfat (4 lb.)
-amazing for eczema

-12.16 oz. of cool water
-12.16 oz. of milk (cow, goat, coconut)
-8.9 oz. lye (sodium hydroxide)
-2 oz. Beeswax
-16 oz. Coconut Oil
-12 oz. Palm Oil
-34 oz. Olive Oil
-120 mL Liquid Honey
-120 mL Ground Oatmeal

Peppermint Swirl Soap - 5% Superfat (4 lb.)

-24.32 oz. of cool water (sometimes I replace some of the water with pureed cucumber (keep separate and add to oils when ready for lye)
-9.2 oz. lye (sodium hydroxide)
-19.2 oz. Coconut Oil
-12.8 oz. Palm Oil
-32 oz. Olive Oil
-2 tsp. Red Clay
-2 tsp. Black Clay
-6 Tbsp. Peppermint Essential Oil (this sounds like a lot, but it doesn't leach out and smells awesome)

Cinnamon Buns Soap - 5% Superfat (4 lb.)

-24.32 oz. of cool water
-9.2 oz. lye (sodium hydroxide)
-19.2 oz. Coconut Oil
-12.8 oz. Palm Oil
-32 oz. Olive Oil
-2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
-30 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
-30 drops Clove Essential Oil

I don't make the castile soap often, but when I was experimenting, I learned that you need a high superfat so that it isn't drying.

Castile Soap - 10% Superfat (4 lb.)

-24.32 oz. of cool water
-7.8 oz. lye (sodium hydroxide)
-4 lbs. Olive Oil

I hope you enjoy my recipes.

It's very kind of you OPP to share your recipes, thank you. Are you new to the forum?

It's very kind of you OPP to share your recipes, thank you. Are you new to the forum?

Join date is 2010

Pam, thank you for those recipes; I've copied them to my digital notebook. I'm always interested in tried and true recipes. You never know what gems you'll find.

I do have a question for you - do you swirl the Peppermint Swirl and the Cinnamon Bun recipes?

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

This is my first time posting, but I joined the forum a few years ago.

Yes, I swirl both the peppermint and cinnamon buns. For the cinnamon, I take out some of the soap (maybe 2 cups), mix in my cinnamon well, then drizzle in the white soap after it's been placed in the mold. I use the red, square silicone molds at Canadian Tire (they are meant for baking).

Awesome idea! I never thought to check Canadian Tire for molds. I feel a shopping trip coming on.

I know that cinnamon can be very harsh on the skin, burning even, if it's overdone. I take it this hasn't been an issue with the amount you have in this recipe?

No, I've never had a problem. I've been making this recipe since I started 8 years ago. I do tell people that cinnamon essential oil isn't recommended for young children though.

Latest posts

Back