Favorite Woodsy Blend EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayeway

Reaction score
Wanting to find the perfect Woodsy Blend for a forest themed soap...but don't want it to have to much of a pine scent and needs to be all essential oils. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kaye

kayeway said:
Wanting to find the perfect Woodsy Blend for a forest themed soap...but don't want it to have to much of a pine scent and needs to be all essential oils. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kaye

Maybe Oakmoss? Or Citrus/Sage?

I just made a goats milk soap with "Adirondak" FO. It smells of pine. but very light.

Smellykat

I did cedarwood, rosemary, and clary sage with just a hint of 10x orange. My outdoorsman husband liked it.

i did a blend of cedarwood, pine needle, lavender, lemongrass, and jasmine. some of the scents were too weak to come through but i fell in love with the sweet woodsy blend.

Pine, fir, cedarwood, ylang ylang, my fave. It can fade a little but smells sooo nice. The ylang sweetens the blend up a little and I'm sure you can add it to whatever evergreen scents you have on hand for the same effect.

My absolute favorite woodsy scent is Vetiver and Black Spruce used in a 2:1 ratio. I always put it in my bath (just the EO's) at the end of the day and enjoy it. I haven't soaped with that combo yet so not sure how it would do, but I plan to eventually.

Woodsy Blends

Thanks you all are the best! I can't wait to get Woodsy!
Kaye

i've done bergamot, cedarwood, rosewood and pine in ratios:2:2:2:1
it's still curing but smells pretty good.

Latest posts

Back