Favorite Soap Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy

Reaction score
I am looking into packaging my soaps. I would like to do a poll on which packaging is most liked regardless of cost.
Please pick your favorite 2 and recommend anything else I might have omitted.
Thank you.

1. Cigarette Band
2. Box with window
3. Box without window
4. Clam Shell
5. Shrink Wrapped
6. Hemp Ziploc
7. Naked

Thank you all for participating.
When I decide on which way to go, I'll let you know.

Started with Cigar Bands, but didn’t want folk’s fingerprints all over my nice clean soap.

Then I went with shrink wrap. It takes work to make it all tight and smooth and then listen to customers complain that they couldn’t smell the soap.

Then I went with paper...wax paper, parchment paper, decorative sandwich paper. Also with Scotch Tape, Double-Sided Tape, Glue Dots and Glue Gun. I found a gorgeous paper, not too expensive, only needed an inch trimmed off. I was only about to buy 100 sheets before it was discontinued. Wasn’t able to find anything else that was close.

Then I moved to boxes...with a small window. Lucked out on a mis-color....they were supposed to be black, but were instead a really dark brown. Didn’t care, they were really cheap and I bought a 1000...they will do for now. I really like them. Fold the box, slide the soap in, slap labels on them and Bo’s your Uncle. Folks can see the soap, they can smell the soap. Eventually I plan on having custom soap boxes made.

Started with Cigar Bands, but didn’t want folk’s fingerprints all over my nice clean soap.

Then I went with shrink wrap. It takes work to make it all tight and smooth and then listen to customers complain that they couldn’t smell the soap.

Then I went with paper...wax paper, parchment paper, decorative sandwich paper. Also with Scotch Tape, Double-Sided Tape, Glue Dots and Glue Gun. I found a gorgeous paper, not too expensive, only needed an inch trimmed off. I was only about to buy 100 sheets before it was discontinued. Wasn’t able to find anything else that was close.

Then I moved to boxes...with a small window. Lucked out on a mis-color....they were supposed to be black, but were instead a really dark brown. Didn’t care, they were really cheap and I bought a 1000...they will do for now. I really like them. Fold the box, slide the soap in, slap labels on them and Bo’s your Uncle. Folks can see the soap, they can smell the soap. Eventually I plan on having custom soap boxes made.

Thank you for your soap packaging trial report.
I can't wait to have my "Bob's your Uncle" moment- Just looked it up!:)

I can't wait to have my "Bob's your Uncle" moment

My kids got a real kick out of that saying because they had a Uncle Bob.

I would hazard to guess, based on my own experience, that the majority of soap makers have tried different kinds of packaging. And what you choose, can either be based on personal preference, financial considerations and what is available.

The one disadvantage of wrapping your soap in paper if you are doing in-person sales...farmer's markets, craft fairs, flea markets, etc...is that folks can't see what the soap looks like and visual appeal is just as important nose appeal. My plan was to shrink wrap my 'display' soap.

My kids got a real kick out of that saying because they had a Uncle Bob.

I would hazard to guess, based on my own experience, that the majority of soap makers have tried different kinds of packaging. And what you choose, can either be based on personal preference, financial considerations and what is available.

The one disadvantage of wrapping your soap in paper if you are doing in-person sales...farmer's markets, craft fairs, flea markets, etc...is that folks can't see what the soap looks like and visual appeal is just as important nose appeal. My plan was to shrink wrap my 'display' soap.
"My kids got a real kick out of that saying because they had a Uncle Bob." :)

Thank you for your input.
I agree with you about visibility and smell. Someone also mentioned that in some kind of shrink wrap, one can smell the soap.

Just reading your trials make me want some wine! Did you ever find a good box for like a multipack of soap

Latest posts

Back