Favorite place for M&P molds???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
Ok, I might not be able to get some molds right away.. but for the future; where do you all get your M&P soaps from?
So far I know WSP sells some and I also got some from soapandthings.com, but I'm still looking for a great site which doesn't kill with S&H fees!.. (I got on one site, loooved the molds, which were cheap actually, but you'd already have to pay a fee of 5$ if you don't order up to 50$ and the shipping with handling fees would have been almost 10$ for 2-3 molds.. I'm just not willing to pay that, especially since each sheet of molds were only 2$..)

So, please share some sites with me where the price is right and yet the molds really nice!

Thank you! :D

I would find the brand you like (I like milkyway) and shop ebay for them.

I do not know of any low priced mold websites beacuse they are paying a premium for them.

Look around your house though. You can use jello molds, shaped ice cube trays, childrens beach toys, muffin pans and almost anything else so long as it has a little flex so you can get the soap back out!

You can pour your soap into a cake pan & use cookie cutters to cut the shapes out.

BTW: I refuse to shop sites w/ unrealistic minimums or handleing fees.

Thanks for your hint, Tab.
I'll have to check e-bay then.

Right now I've already 'transformed' some jello cups aswell as other pudding cups that make nice round 2oz-3oz soaps, I just thought of getting 1 or 2 a lil more decorative ones, kwim?
Other than my 2 molds which say 'Handmade' and 'Natural' I only have domes or half moon shapes, rectangles, hexagons etc. and I wasn't sure if that might be too 'plain' for some customers.. :roll:

ETA: Oooh.. I just looked on e-bay for Milky Way molds (never heard of b4 :oops: ) and they look nice!!! *drool*
Now ppl need to start buying my soap that I made and already put on my site so I can go shopping for some molds! :lol:

OMG, I'm so glad you asked this question! I ordered my first set from goplanetearth. They haven't arrived yet, but when the do I'll let you know.

One thing to think about: I got impatient, and yesterday when walking home I came across an art shop. They had cheap tray molds at about $3 a pop. I bought two. The first one contained 3 molds (heart, square, oval), and the second had 5. Anyway, being as they weren't molds of the same thing, they also weren't of the same depth! So when I poured the soap I had to prop up the mold under the smaller ones so that the soap didn't dry unevenly.

Just something to remember on the cheapies...

FitMommyOf2 said:
Ooh... Irena,
that's a wonderful idea!!!
I've always used a bunched up towel or something, but I'd imagine rice to work much better! I'll have to try that next time. Thanks for the great hint! :wink:

You're welcome. :D
That's what I do.

Irena

You can also *hang* a mold so to speak by setting it in a skillet so the edges of the mold are resting on the edges of the skillet. Make sense?

FitMommyOf2 said:
Thanks for the link, Irena! I never heard of the store before but it surely looks nice!
Oh.. soo many nice soaping things and so little $, the story of my life! :lol:

You're welcome! :D

Irena

lizzytish said:
soapbuddy said:
Have yout tried Martin molds?
They work great for MP.

http://www.soapymolds.com/directory/index.html

Irena

ooh, these are nice! Darn, why did you do that to my credit card ;-) I don't "need" more molds. But these are nice. hmmmm...

Yeah, didn't think of the rice. my brain doesn't work that way ;-) it's a good idea.

You're very welcome!
Sooo...what molds did you buy? :D

Irena

Back