Favorite mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soapmaker Man said:
jadiebugs1 said:
[quote="Soapmaker Man":26oy10fw]Henry Ford, Ford Motors, progressed or we would all still drive black Model T's. :)

I miss you soapmaker man.... :cry:

Thanks Sharon! :D I'm always "around the corner" somewhere. 8) :lol:[/quote:26oy10fw]

haha...are u a lurker now??? :p I miss your helpful advice and hints and tricks and stuff...and your cute soapies...

Soaphutch molds

Me too! Yay! I officially ordered my Soaphutch mold yesterday. It's costing me a fortune, which I wish I'd done right from the start. I have lots of old molds that have been tossed into a corner. So, best advice for someone looking for their first great mold - don't be afraid to consider it an investment. For a less expensive option, I have lots of molds from Soap Mold Superstore in British Columbia. The loaf molds are awesome, especially the newer ones. They are somewhat shallower than the originals, and I find them much sturdier. I don't double them up as someone else mentioned, and my GM soap gets good and hot. Her scored slab molds are great too. I really like my 18 bar, deep slabs for soaps that I don't do anything fancy with, like GM and oatmeal. I like the divider molds best for swirling, because the dividers carry the swirl down the sides. Anyway, I am THRILLED to be getting my first Soaphutch mold.

I know this is a sensitive topic, and so I hope to tread lightly and not ruffle any feathers, but I still have and use my TOG log/slab molds, one of which is 4 years old. I know many have had problems with theirs and have tossed them (which is perfectly okay- one has to go with what works), but for whatever it's worth, I've personally never experienced any of the problems that have been reported (they've never leaked or fallen apart on me or anything like that) and I am still quite happy with them. I've used them for every batch for the past 4 years and continue to use them. I do line them differently, though. I ceased with the funky foam and made my own liners for them out of heat resistant Mylar, which work so much better for me (no more surface craters!).

IrishLass :)

IanT said:
I have now resorted to making my own after trying a few, together with that stuff Donny recommended as a mold liner (cant find the thread right now..heeeelp)

This thread Ian?? http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/vi ... mold+liner

I've been looking into making my own molds & was looking at this thread the other day, but there aren't any responses in there from someone who has used it w/no issues so I wasn't sure if it would work out..

favorite mold

I still use my TOGs. My favorite being the little one pounder. I still use it with the original foam liners. This is my go-to mold and I love it still. It has never leaked on me and the soap has always gelled perfectly and come out clean as a whistle. I wish SoapMaker Man still made this particular mold just like my original. I would love to get another just exactly like it. I have 3 TOGs and they are still in active use and in rotation with my other wonderful molds...kelsies and woodfields.

Re: favorite mold

reallyrita said:
I still use my TOGs. My favorite being the little one pounder. I still use it with the original foam liners. This is my go-to mold and I love it still. It has never leaked on me and the soap has always gelled perfectly and come out clean as a whistle. I wish SoapMaker Man still made this particular mold just like my original. I would love to get another just exactly like it. I have 3 TOGs and they are still in active use and in rotation with my other wonderful molds...kelsies and woodfields.

Do you have the individual bar divider mold from Kelsie? Do the bars stick for you?

Oh, and I vote Upland and/or Woodfields if you don't care about individual bars. Crafter's Choice for small batches. I use a strip of freezer paper on the bottom of the Crafter's Choice. Eliminates hassles. Love love love silicone.

Latest posts

Back