Favorite mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisnkelley

Reaction score
I want to get a log mold, but not sure what kind. I need (want) one that doesn't require me to line it with freezer paper too. Can you recommend a great company to buy from? Thanks so much!

Molds I love:
Uplands
Woodfield
Kelsei (slabs)

Molds I have actually thrown away
TOG
Mr DoRight

Everything else is somewhere in between

I pitched my TOG, too. Those liners were the worst.

I really want http://soaphutch.com/HDPE-Bella.html

I can't get ahold of Rich...but I think he's pretty busy...so hopefully I'll hear from him. I'll keep trying.

I've used green WSP molds and they are great for small batches. I have a ton of wooden molds my BF has made me...but I get tired of lining. I love pvc for round soaps.

I keep looking at the soaphutch, but I have some other HDPE molds that aren't as easy to use as I'd like - soap still sticks till it's seriously hard.

I have now resorted to making my own after trying a few, together with that stuff Donny recommended as a mold liner (cant find the thread right now..heeeelp)

Soaphutch

I have been trying to get hold of Rich too. He sent me a quote and pdf of a custom mold, I responded, and I haven't heard a word from him. Everyone has said such favorable things about his molds. I would like to know how timely he is in getting things done and if the mold will be worth the wait. I have a Logan Bear mold that I have broken in, made from the same type of plastic. I love it NOW, but it wasn't love at first sight.

I have a couple of logan bears that I find challenging. Any suggestions?

Rich at SoapHutch is busy as all get out trying to get all the custom molds made and out to his customers for the holidays. Try giving him a call next week. I'm going to ask him what his turn around time is right now. I'll report back.

I've just emailed...I'll try calling next week. Thanks, Soapbuddy- please let us know what he says.

I'm not in a hurry.

Soapmaker Man said:
Henry Ford, Ford Motors, progressed or we would all still drive black Model T's. :)
and the purpose of your post?

or are you just trying to get your link out there?

not sure it's so bright to do so in a thread with posts laying out what we think of TOG products, but whatever...

soaphutch molds

I am still waiting to hear back from Rich too. It's a bit frustrating. I've looked at the Kelsei molds. Does anyone have anything to say for or against them? I would like to know if the dividers snap together before you push them down into the soaps like Rich's do. Re: Logan Bear molds. I had a few batches that stuck really, really badly. I upped my sodium lactate to 3% and waited a good 24 to 48 hours before removing the lid. I use a knife tip or screwdriver to start the ends sliding and separating from the soap. I always line the bottom - it's just easier. After the sides are off, I flip the whole thing over, take off the paper and let it air dry for an hour or two before pressing the bars gently down around the edges until they release. With regular use, and liberal use of mineral oil, I have come to really love it. Unfortunately, Jeff is no longer in the mold business. Rich will make me one that has my bar dimensions, IF I can ever get hold of him.

I haven't heard back from Rich, but another soaper has on Saturday. He's very busy right now making molds to deliver for the holidays. So don't give up on Rich yet.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I was thinking about getting some silicone molds to start, but my hubby wants to start out fancy. Maybe we'll get a couple different ones and try both. :)

I just got a few log molds from this site:

http://soapmoldsuperstore.com/index.html

They're just plastic and I have to double them up for CP soap so they don't bellow, but all I have to do is spread a little oil on them with a paper towel and viola - log comes right out no issues or anything. I've made 6 logs so far and not an issue with one yet! My molds were actually in the rummage bin and I must say I can't figure out why they were.

If hubby wants fancy, go for it before he changes his mind!

I made my own loaf molds with hinges and eye bolts to hold it together. I use corrugated plastic sheeting to line them and the soap pops right out.

I'd love one of those uplands molds though.

Latest posts

Back