Favorite Italian food??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see what everyone likes as far as Italian food goes!

I love saute'ed veggies w/ garlic and oil...home-made pasta (yes i make it ...mmm) and fresh marinara (i dont use canned tomatoes and i tend to make it with LOOOOTS of basil, and a few other secret ingredients!)

whats the craziest one youve ever eaten/witnessed being eaten??

I had to watch my grandfather eat gabazelle (sp?)...if you can tell me what that is ill give you a cookie! :p

Lasagna! I make it with veggies and with meat! And sometimes together! I also make homemade garlic bread, tossed salad awww man ian look what you did I'm hungry now! LOL

anything with cheese. mmmmmm.

i made homemade tortellini once, made the dough, stuffed it. it was nicknamed "dangerously dense doughy dough balls". then i watched food network and learned how to do it right....

and gabazelle is sheeps head!!!!!! god bless google.

that cookie can be mailed to RD2, East Berlin.... :lol:

lol nooo I didnt eat it but i had to witness it!! lol...my Grandfather was fullblood Italian, 2nd generation...born Vincenzo Romandetto, I remember I made a barrier of my cereal boxes so i didnt have to watch...lol eeeew !

I think this thread is making me hungry now !

WFP- yeahhh!!! I think it can be either a goat of sheepshead, supposedly quite delicacy, I couldnt bring myself to eat it though..just watching was enough for me!! :lol: .......yup, thats what my first few ventures into making ravioli were like...i like your alliteration ! :wink:

:lol: :lol:

paul how do you pronounce manacotti?? everyone always makes fun of me for how i pronounce stuff haha... think im starting to make everyone hungry now heheehehehe :twisted:

I think i could drink alfredo...i love that stuff but only make/eat it once and a while because its got alooooooot of butter in it!

vodka sauce is my weakness....and put penne vodka on a pizza and I will eat until I'm sick. :oops:

joanne

omg i worked at olive garden for a bit, and they had all these sauces all over... i was the pizza/app guy so i would take some sauces and make pizza with them... oooooh i love penne vodka pizza...mmmmmmm.... put some italian sausage on there and your goooood to go!

mmmmm ok i need to go eat breakfast now lol making me hungry just thinking about it

Hope my keyboard can take all that drool :p

I grew up in Switzerland and Italy was just a few hours away. My husband used to race dirt-bikes and we often went to Italy for the weekend for races or practices. We used to go to this amazing restaurant where the owner was crazy about the bikers. He spoiled us every time we ate there. The evening would start off with prosciutto and melon followed by vitello tonnato (my absolute fav), linguini or risotto, some main course we had to try (even if we were to stuffed) followed of course by a buffet of desserts. Man, I would love to go back again!!!!! VIVA ITALIA!!!

Eggplant parmesian yummy!

I also love good fresh pasta.

Ok, and can we talk about he cookies.. I love italian cookies, not too sweet with a touch of anise...

I remember going to visit my Antonella and she'd be like " you want I make you linguini?" the next thing i knew there would be a pile of flour on the table and she'd be making the pasta. it was the best ever. (not like what we always had at home which was muellers dried pasta)

The only italian thing I don't like is pizza. I like the greek style of pizza.

My husband is Italian and he makes a great manicote...hehe...he laughs when I pronounce it manicotti. (you should appreciate that one IanT) :lol:

He makes the pasta, the sauce (or gravy) and adds just a touch of mint to the filling.

Allright...I'm drooling now. :)

lol yeahh its the same with me and my girl...but ive got her saying it the right way now!!! its ManAgottA! :)

oh dont get me started on cookies...my mother bakes these glazed italian lemon cookies...if i had a last meal these would be included in the dessert...along with her linzer tarts...mmmmmm

you have not tasted pasta until youve tried it fresh...i LOVE it

Chicken alfredo
spaghetti with mushrooms
shrimp scampi pasta
chicken pizza with white sauce (instead of tomato sauce)

Heck yeah, this thread is making me hungry!

My oldest is a chef and let me tell you...........the quarter he took in making homemade pasta and thus then the sauces, I must have gained 15 pounds. :roll: So, I would have to say ANYTHING that kid makes is my favorite!!

Now thats awesome, your kids cooking for you!!! I wish my mother would let me cook for her but shes the old school mom "get outta my kitchen...sit down....mange ! mange!!" she doesnt mind me helping but cant stand seeing me cook and her relax!

She only has to let you cook for her once and YEEHAWWWWWW!!!! I was kind of the same way Ian, but now, :wink: he can come home to my kitchen anyday. Every birthday and Mother's Day he does a full menu dinner for me. k

Latest posts

Back