Favorite citrus for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just used up my last Satsuma Guava that I purchased from a Co-op a couple of years ago. I need a new citrus to replace it and it needs to be a fragrance that sticks well enough that the soap will be good to sell in 6 months and use in 1 year. My preference is a blend rather than a single note citrus. I do sell blood orange and patchouli so am looking in the bright rather than earthy types.

I am thinking about going back to orange 5x or 10x but I hate to always be limited to orange discoloration.

So, do you have a favorite that you think of as really long lasting?

I've had good luck with Crafter's Choice Energy (although I will be switching this one to California Candle Supply's Volcano, they smell the same but CCS has a better price, not sure yet if it sticks as well as Crafter's Choice), I also like Crafter's Choice My Main Squeeze.

I 2nd Energy. While not a scent I like, it does sell well enough.
Personally I like more of the Mango, Guava, pineapple scents.

I do hear that Citrus does not have a good staying power, but remember someone saying they mix EO & FO for a longer lasting scent.
I would love a Lemon, but they all seem to smell like Pine Sol to me :(

What I liked the most about Satsuma Guava was citrus but not candy sweet and had the complexity of a bit of floral/fresh notes. I know that is why it sold so well. This year I have used BB Kumquat in a blackberry blend. It sold because of that sweet tarts type sweet/sour but not to everyone. I use Tangerine 5x natural from NDA for a lavender blend. I like it and it works but I don't think of it as that fragrance that will be around in a year or so and I haven't really wanted it just on its own. I am just wanting something as good as what I no longer have.

I understand your issues with lemon. I make a lavender lemongrass blend that works but it is a lot more lavender than lemongrass. I am testing WSP verbena and although I like it I suspect a customer will comment it would make a good kitchen soap.

I can see myself ordering 2 ounce citrus fragrances forever. I ordered 2 oz satsuma's last year but they just were just all orange. My regular satsuma guava beat them all.

I 2nd Energy. While not a scent I like, it does sell well enough.
Personally I like more of the Mango, Guava, pineapple scents.

I do hear that Citrus does not have a good staying power, but remember someone saying they mix EO & FO for a longer lasting scent.
I would love a Lemon, but they all seem to smell like Pine Sol to me :(
I am glad to hear I’m not the only one who thinks they smell like pinesol!

I love Lemon Verbena from rustic essentials and Raspberry Lemonade from WSP. Lemongrass sticks. Sweet Orange Chili Pepper from NG is pretty good too.

I mix Lemon Verbena (1/2), Lemon slices (1/4) and Satsuma (1/4) all from Rustic Essentials and WOW! An amazing citrus scent I call Florida Sunshine :) Florida Sunshine.jpg

I like Flame Tree (Lush Fire Tree dupe) Awaken (Avo Bath dupe) from Nurture soap. I find they both hold well and are amazing scents.
From Nurture's website: Awaken- lemongrass, lemon verbena, bergamot, and rosewood notes
Flame Tree- an exotic blend of lemongrass, sandalwood, lemon tree, fire tree, myrtle, bergamot, ginger, and orange blossom

Disclaimer: I did not receive this product free or at a discount for this honest and unbiased review.
laugh3-smiley.gif

I like Flame Tree (Lush Fire Tree dupe) Awaken (Avo Bath dupe) from Nurture soap. I find they both hold well and are amazing scents.
From Nurture's website: Awaken- lemongrass, lemon verbena, bergamot, and rosewood notes
Flame Tree- an exotic blend of lemongrass, sandalwood, lemon tree, fire tree, myrtle, bergamot, ginger, and orange blossom

Disclaimer: I did not receive this product free or at a discount for this honest and unbiased review.
laugh3-smiley.gif

@scard ENABLER! Now I have to add Flame Tree to my ever-growing wishlist from Nurture. It sounds absolutely divine. I haven't yet bought anything from them... mostly because the list is too big and I can't decide what is the must-have.

Latest posts

Back