Favorite Christmas FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madison

Reaction score
I am looking for new Christmas FO to use in my soap, what do you use that really smells good, no acceleration or discoloring, please?
Thank you.

I really hope to have some replies. I learned that my youngest step daughter who is in the army will be back at the end of December and she'll be here for Christmas. She got married before she left on her mission. I want to make her, her husband, and his family gift packs with soap in them and mail it to them, so I don't have much time to experiment with new things. She knows all my old stuff I usually use, I want to send her something new. I appreciate sharing your thoughts with me.
Thank you.

Winter Wonderland from Nurture Soap - the same as Snow Witch which was Mad Oils fragrance before they became Mad Micas and no longer carry FOs - is my favorite. I love it all year long and it behaves very well. Snow Witch is now being sold by a company in Arizona, who has all the Mad Oils FOs. Or did. Sugared Spruce from WSP is very nice, but will discolor some. I haven’t used it yet but OOB I like Frosted Birch and Juniper (WSP). Three Wise Men is also good, and Peppermint Stick (both WSP) are ones that I have used for the first time this year and seem to be sticking very well.

Winter Wonderland from Nurture Soap - the same as Snow Witch which was Mad Oils fragrance before they became Mad Micas and no longer carry FOs - is my favorite. I love it all year long and it behaves very well. Snow Witch is now being sold by a company in Arizona, who has all the Mad Oils FOs. Or did. Sugared Spruce from WSP is very nice, but will discolor some. I haven’t used it yet but OOB I like Frosted Birch and Juniper (WSP). Three Wise Men is also good, and Peppermint Stick (both WSP) are ones that I have used for the first time this year and seem to be sticking very well.

Thank you dibbles, it's very kind of you to share.

Thank you Zany, I'll go through them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winter Wonderland from Nurture is just as good as Snow Witch, I've used both.

From RE:
Alpine Frost
Aspen Winter
Christmas Cheer
Christmas Tree Garland
Snow Covered Pines
Mittens and Mistletoe

Nurture:
Comfort and Joy (absolute WOW)
Jack Frost

WSP - CC
Cinnamon Candies

Those are the ones I can list off right now quickly. Good luck! All of the above did not accelerate, rice or discolor! YMMV

I have used both Snow Witch and Winter Wonderland, which I ordered before the last of my Snow Witch was used up to compare. There is no difference that I can tell between the two.

Brambleberrys cranberry chutney is wonderful, fruity and a little spicy. Behaves well, everyone likes it.

I haven't soaped Frosted Birch and Juniper, but I do have a large bottle of it waiting. However, for the past 2 years I have ordered it from a soap maker and can tell you that the scent sticks well with only a bit of fading. The scent loses just a touch of the sharp freshness you get out of bottle but is fantastic in soap. I actually leave the bar sitting around my bedroom for months so I can enjoy it!

I really do not do any Holiday fragrances although this year thought I might Santa's Pipe. Problem is, holiday fragrances never or very seldom sell for me...:( It might be because my big holiday market I have been attending for quite a few years and have regulars that come to stock up on favorites. So I will probably pour the Santa's Pipe although I hate it OOB, and Sugared Spruce

I really do not do any Holiday fragrances although this year thought I might Santa's Pipe. Problem is, holiday fragrances never or very seldom sell for me...:( It might be because my big holiday market I have been attending for quite a few years and have regulars that come to stock up on favorites. So I will probably pour the Santa's Pipe although I hate it OOB, and Sugared Spruce
Sugared Spruce is quite nice and sticks very well. But, that is the kind of scent I tend to gravitate to. I would use it year round. I've never smelled Santa's Pipe - hope you like it better in soap.

WSP Sparkling Snowflake. It's not a real "christmas" scent, but more of a winter scent. To me it smells just like South Dakota in the winter. It behaves super well and no discoloration, and it sticks at .5 oz PPO. I haven't used it at 1oz PPO yet, wondering if I need to.

Latest posts

Back