Fastest Unmolding time?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalsignum

Reaction score
I'm just curious about you guys making CP soap...
how much time is your fastest time to unmold CP (including CPOP) based soap? and its procedure...

mine is 8hours
-regular CPOP

14 hours for CP only..

Do salt bars count? Mine are ready in no time!

yes... all CP soaps... how much time? I'm just wondering because some people i know can unmold their soaps at 4hr interval.. and what's interesting is that it is not a salt bar

yes... all CP soaps... how much time? I'm just wondering because some people i know can unmold their soaps at 4hr interval.. and what's interesting is that it is not a salt bar

Gosh, I think I cut at 2ish hours last time. It was still very, very warm... gloves are a must since it's still saponifying.

My fastest salt bar (in a loaf) was 2 hours due to spicy fo. Typical time is 6 hours for me.

Fastest cp, also due to accelerating and heating fo, was 6 hours (I think) My typical time is 48 due to high lard and no gel.

Then it really is like asking how long a piece of string is. These 4 hour unmoulds would depend on the recipe including scent and water amount. Or possibly on how the soap is handled/cut/etc - what might be too soft for me to work with might be fine for someone else

I could have unmolded a one pound batch I did last night in less than an hour. I was quite surprised. The only difference from usual was that I used a blend of FOs with MO Thai Sticky Rice. When I picked up the mold to put it in the oven, it peeled right off the sides and was very firm. The FOs didn't accelerate despite the suspected floral content. Usually I unmold around 8 hours or so.

Back