Farmer's Market Shopping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I love going to the Farmers Market, even when it is 95 degrees out. I found some great items today: 3 lbs organic/local beeswax, 1 lb of cactus (i did not know it is edible,) and some fruits n veggies. I definitely am using the beeswax for a few different things like balms, lotions, soaps (when i am more experienced,) and lotion bars. Can i use beeswax in sugar scrubs? Can I use cactus in soaps? After removing the prickly stuff, boiling, and straining it of course! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1443401371.349862.jpg

Dont really have any answers to your questions, but just wanted to pop in and say that I love Farmers Markets as well! Just went to one down the street from us this morning and picked up some roasted peppers, yum yum. :)

Nice score with the big chunk o'beeswax! I'm lucky that my parents have friends that are beekeepers. I love using their natural undeodorized beeswax for lip balms and salves but not sure how it would turn out in a sugar scrub. I would be tempted to use the cactus in a batch of soap much like I use fresh aloe vera leaves.

I didn't buy anything soapy at our market yesterday but did find some awesome soft, spreadable sheep cheese. Got three different flavors but the lemon fig is probably my favorite. Also bought some yummy bourbon caramel sauce . . . now I just need to make some homemade vanilla ice cream to drizzle it over.

Back