Farmer's Market Set-Up

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
So, I've been selling for three years now and have gradually been doing more (craft shows here and there, a few art walks, etc.) and I'm finally into my first farmer's market season this summer.
I feel fairly confident in my set-up, but just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if there was anything glaring that could detract potential customers :)
Thanks, guys! :)
(And, yes, I know I'm missing a label on one of the stands...I lost it last week and forgot to print out a new one.)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950489.019018.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950517.727551.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950533.144482.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950554.196677.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950585.276264.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1402950611.733986.jpg

Very nice! I have two suggestions, since you asked. On the table next to that pretty green cake stand is an empty spot. If you have to have an empty space, have it near where your cash box is, and where people pay you. Customers like to have room to put their purses and other bags down while they find their cash, credit card, etc.

Most important, make or buy a banner with your name on it REALLY BIG, so that people can see it from a distance! Since your display is fairly neutral, I would go for lots of color with the banner. Make sure people can see you from across the market and say, "Hey, there's that soap lady that we bought from last time, let's go and get some more of her great soap!!!" Best of luck!

Wow. Picture #5 did you make them yourself? From what I can tell it is flower pots with the saucer. That was a great idea.

Very nice! I have two suggestions, since you asked. On the table next to that pretty green cake stand is an empty spot. If you have to have an empty space, have it near where your cash box is, and where people pay you. Customers like to have room to put their purses and other bags down while they find their cash, credit card, etc.

Most important, make or buy a banner with your name on it REALLY BIG, so that people can see it from a distance! Since your display is fairly neutral, I would go for lots of color with the banner. Make sure people can see you from across the market and say, "Hey, there's that soap lady that we bought from last time, let's go and get some more of her great soap!!!" Best of luck!

Thanks for the tips, navigator! That's a good idea to have the space near myself and not at the front. Maybe I'll move my chalkboard and price list up front near the green stand.

I contemplated purchasing a banner, but ran out of time before the market started. I think I'll check into that soon, because I'll eventually need one whether or not I use it this summer :)

Wow. Picture #5 did you make them yourself? From what I can tell it is flower pots with the saucer. That was a great idea.

Yes, Iluminada, that's exactly what those are and I did make them! I randomly ran across the idea on a blog a few weeks ago and it totally saved me. I was racking my brain on how to display my soaps, and when I saw this it was perfect :)

Latest posts

Back