Fancy French Soap (from France!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found these soaps that my co-worker brought back for me from a trip to France in Summer 2018!!! I had left them in my desk and had packed them away when we had to move our office a few months ago, and I just got into that box. I can't remember where exactly she said she got them; I'll ask her in an email Monday. Bars are 125 g each; marked with a stamp.

I am bilingual (although my grammar is still, as it has always been, terrible) so I understand what is written on the bars.

Packaging is sealed with a sticker that says "fabrication artisanale" = Artisan Made

"Artisanat de provence" = Provincial Artisan

"Savon de Marseille" = Marseille Soap

"pur vegetal" = Pure Vegetable = Pure vegetable oil based soap [Edit: more like vegetarian/vegan oil base meaning no animal fat; not necessarily specifically what we know as "vegetable oil" in the grocery store.]

"Fleur d'oranges" = Orange Blossom

"Monoï" = Monoï oil = Perfume oil made by infusing the Tiaré flower (also called Tahitian Gardenia). Fun fact: the Tiaré flower is the national flower of French Polynesia and the Cooks Islands.

From my very little research, traditional Savon de Marseille is very similar to traditional Castile Soap: HP, Olive oil base, using sea water from the Mediterranean Sea.

I'm quite chuffed that I found this, specially since I only recently started soaping. I feel like I have a much better appreciation for it now than I would have 3 years ago!

View attachment 62542
View attachment 62543
Alright if youŕe not going to share with the whole class, you buy us all a bar of our choosing nesxt time you go! LOL Did you happen to get an address? Thanks for sharing. Truly. I now sarcasasm can come across only sometimes.

I see some people are selling REAL black soap now as opposed to a perfectly shaped bar of soap that is black. I have seen a lot of things improving since I left. BTW is real black soap difficult to use? I plan on buying some soon if I can be assured that this was bought and paid to the women who made it or they get proceeds from every bar made. I love that they have stuck to the recipe and not conformed. I am going to look it up on youtube to see how it's made. I think the last time I was blown away by soap was Auntie Claraś water discount soap with the most beautiful swirls. I tried it several times but every time I added the very low water volume my soap became soap on a stick immediately. So I want to see what she has been up too. Ihave so much catching up to do.

One thing probably no one would remember is the was this soap posted on the beautiful soaps (forgot the real name) thread, and there was this one bar no one could figure out how it was done. I believe the soap was white with a black or brown fishnet type design covering it and after a couple of months the best and brightest could not figure out how it was done. I though maybe she wanted to sell a how-to (which I am not against,in my book would have been fine after she kept people stumped for so long. If she did truly make it her self selling a how-to at 5 to 10 dollars a pop would not have bothered me). We were just coming off the heels of that woman who did a cold/hot process soap, I think was soaping super hot heat and it went quickly through all the hot process stages and she did make it look darn close to CP, but is was dangerous, vocanos were erupting, nearly engulfulg streets, lol. Anyway, if you weren't hear back then someone discovered this type of soape of soapmaking was not new. It had been done decades back, but she still made a lot of money, she sold one of those mini-books on Amazon for over 70 dollars each and had a FB cult that you had to pay to get into,following for a while. Heck, it could still be there, anyone know what happened to her? I never got it, it made average looking soap, her book gave only info on on that one type of soapmaking. Dishing out money to listen to he drone on about the the same subject was not going to get you anywhere, I,m sure someone must have of spilled the beans.

My gosh I have missed so much.

I heard that the last Aleppo soap factory was destroyed. I hope thy can fine a ne place to make their soap.

I see some people are selling REAL black soap now as opposed to a perfectly shaped bar of soap that is black. I have seen a lot of things improving since I left. BTW is real black soap difficult to use? I plan on buying some soon if I can be assured that this was bought and paid to the women who made it or they get proceeds from every bar made. I love that they have stuck to the recipe and not conformed. I am going to look it up on youtube to see how it's made. I think the last time I was blown away by soap was Auntie Claraś water discount soap with the most beautiful swirls. I tried it several times but every time I added the very low water volume my soap became soap on a stick immediately. So I want to see what she has been up too. Ihave so much catching up to do.

One thing probably no one would remember is the was this soap posted on the beautiful soaps (forgot the real name) thread, and there was this one bar no one could figure out how it was done. I believe the soap was white with a black or brown fishnet type design covering it and after a couple of months the best and brightest could not figure out how it was done. I though maybe she wanted to sell a how-to (which I am not against,in my book would have been fine after she kept people stumped for so long. If she did truly make it her self selling a how-to at 5 to 10 dollars a pop would not have bothered me). We were just coming off the heels of that woman who did a cold/hot process soap, I think was soaping super hot heat and it went quickly through all the hot process stages and she did make it look darn close to CP, but is was dangerous, vocanos were erupting, nearly engulfulg streets, lol. Anyway, if you weren't hear back then someone discovered this type of soape of soapmaking was not new. It had been done decades back, but she still made a lot of money, she sold one of those mini-books on Amazon for over 70 dollars each and had a FB cult that you had to pay to get into,following for a while. Heck, it could still be there, anyone know what happened to her? I never got it, it made average looking soap, her book gave only info on on that one type of soapmaking. Dishing out money to listen to he drone on about the the same subject was not going to get you anywhere, I,m sure someone must have of spilled the beans.

Iḿ sure several other things will come to mind but if anyone has any answers to the questioners above above, please fill me in.

Back