Fall Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
I haven't been on here much since mom died, but I managed to finally get back in the soap lab a few days ago and made my first fall soap of the season. I call it Fallen Leaves and used Mad Oils micas and their Home for the Holidays FO. The inside colors were too muted for my taste but they still turned out decent enough I guess. I am happy with the mp leaf toppers though.

fl.jpg

fl2.jpg

fl4.jpg

fl3.jpg

They're gorgeous, inside and out. Sorry about your mom. It's been proven over and over -- the world will never be the same without her. I'm just one of many who knows. Mine's been gone 10 years.

Keep making beautiful soaps, and life will feel better, even without her.

Welcome back, Mage, I am so glad to see you feeling well enough to post. I know it is still hard every minute about your Mom. How are you doing physically?

I think they are both beautiful, both the cp soap and the mp leaves, great colors on both. The leaves are so pretty, and perfect for the fall, I would think if you had bigger leaf molds they might be a really good seller by themselves - once you are up to doing so - and so convenient if you need them fast.

Welcome back, Mage, I am so glad to see you feeling well enough to post. I know it is still hard every minute about your Mom. How are you doing physically?

I'm doing a bit better thank you for asking. I've been to my doctor several times and it's definitely an arthritis issue but they did more blood work to check for Lupus and other things as well. I was on Prednisone which helped but it was of course short term and now I'm on Mobic until we get further answers as to what is going on.

To all of you, thanks so much for the compliments. I'm taking one day at a time and am designing a soap for a slab mold in honor of mama which will have a gardenia scent since that was her favorite. :)

Those are really pretty soaps, SoapMage.

I think making something to honor your mom is a lovely idea. Be prepared for how much scents can really trigger emotions. A couple of years after my dad died, I made the mistake of sniffing some Brut cologne at the grocery store (the kind with the little silver medallion that I always bought him for father's day - he would give me the necklace for my dolls - totally the reason I picked that one out every year). I'm not much of a crier, but I had to leave the store sobbing hysterically.

That's a very beautiful soap, Mage.

Its a very nice thing to make a soap in honor of your mom. Gardenia holds a special happy childhood memory for me so, I hope the smell will bring you happy memories of your mom when you soap it.

Those are really pretty soaps, SoapMage.

I think making something to honor your mom is a lovely idea. Be prepared for how much scents can really trigger emotions. A couple of years after my dad died, I made the mistake of sniffing some Brut cologne at the grocery store (the kind with the little silver medallion that I always bought him for father's day - he would give me the necklace for my dolls - totally the reason I picked that one out every year). I'm not much of a crier, but I had to leave the store sobbing hysterically.

I'm sorry about your dad. I guess I'll have to get ready for the emotions whenever I smell it or look at it, but it may be healing as well.

Back