Fall candle recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to find one for soy candles. I want to make soy pillar candles but the wax has been too soft. How can one be made a lot harder but primarialy soy wax.

you can email me at [email protected] if you like.

candle supply companies sell soy wax of varying degrees of hardness and melting points. you need one specifically for pillar candles (if what you have is too soft, it's probably designed for container candles)

candlescience, for example, has one for pillar candles: http://www.candlescience.com/wax/soy-wax.php

search on pillar wax supplier and you will find several.

Thank you. I tried to pull one out of a metal mold and it just crumbled like hard butter. It was so pretty. Does anyone have a recipe for a simple soy pillar using the additives like vybar? Trying to see how to use them in the right proportions and hardness and scent throw. I made a couple of decanter ones and the scent disappeared within hours. I do have a couple that did fairly well. But I didn't measure anything with them...lol Funny how that works.

Back