Fake Avocado Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only purchased Avocado Oil from Costco and assume it's real. No way to know for sure without spending money to have it analyzed. I know Soaper's Choice sells a Cosmetic grade Avocado Oil and it's not all Avocado Oil but has the same SAP value. If it's rancid you can smell rancid oil. I wouldn't worry about it. Just use avocado in the Lye calculator.

Looking at the overall website where the information about avocado oil was posted, it smacks of "astroturfing" to me.

The site is designed to generate ad income and affiliate-link income, not to give you unbiased information. One clue is that the site's articles and pages are overflowing with links to purchase whatever items are being touted. Thus, any "studies" that they quote are highly suspect to me, since industry-funded studies are well-known for bias.

Looking at the overall website where the information about avocado oil was posted, it smacks of "astroturfing" to me.

The site is designed to generate ad income and affiliate-link income, not to give you unbiased information. One clue is that the site's articles and pages are overflowing with links to purchase whatever items are being touted. Thus, any "studies" that they quote are highly suspect to me, since industry-funded studies are well-known for bias.
That’s good to know. I took the bait!

You just have to be mindful of where you are getting your info from. I've always used refined avocado oil. If it was soy I used, I did not react to it at all (no 3+ day migraines) so I thought it was real enough. If I wanted the real virgin stuff, I'd eat the Floridian varieties.

Back