Faithy Your SoapMaking Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcrafty

Reaction score
Faithy, You are just wonderful! I love reading your posts. I am so amazed by all the things you have learned and are so willing to share. I have made soap for years and have never made soap this way. I have been so intrigued by this process and I am going to make up a batch. I do have a few questions when you have some time if you could give me some pointers. I love to do swirls and I have aways done this at light trace. Have you found that by doing your soap batch in this way makes a difference in the way you color or how the color comes out when the batch is finished. I can see a big benefit in the fragrance as the soap does not go to high temp. Do you find you use less fragrance? Does this go through a complete gel? I never insulate my milk soaps. Do I need to because the temp is so low? If you use all aloe or another liquid other than milk how long do you insulate? Thanks you again for all of your wonderful info. There have been so many changes in the way things was done when I started making soap.It is just plain fun to be able to create and I love it! Thanks again :) Judy

I started the RTCP process as it is here at The SMF. I have been using room temperature, premixed recipe for over a year now along with a 50% aloe vera juice/lye concentration. I discovered this method as I had little time to prepare to make soap since I am in the TOG Shop and make soap at lunch breaks. I love using RT everything and since all I make is goats milk soap, i do insulate in my TOG Molds. I encourage a full gel in all my soaps as I feel they are ready to go a bit faster than ungeled soap, and are a bit smoother. The FO still burns off during saponification since I encourage gel, and my soap batter hits about 160 degrees in full gel, Love this method and I am so happy to introduce it to Faithy and others here. I'm doing a demo this May at the TN Soap Convention of my RTCP Soap Process using RT premixed 50% lye solution using aloe vera.

Paul

Paul, Thank You so much for this information. Can you tell me about coloring? Have you add any problems with the color blending with the temp so low? I guess I really need to just make a batch as I won't know what to expect till I am there..LOL! I have done RTCP for a few years now but I have never done in the way that has been described. I read many of your posts on this subject and it just really came together for me reading faithy's post. I have replaced the water with several different liquids and using aloe with the lye is not new to me as one of the best soaps I make is done with all aloe vera juice. I am very intrigued! You know I was so glad when the stick blender became a part of soap making. I have stood for long periods stirring soap. I was so glad to learn with the SB. I would just love to see you in Tennessee but know that it is not likely at this time. I do wish you a really wonderful show! I am so excited about getting your mold. :D Judy

Looks like Paul got here before me. *whew* it's been a busy day......

But yes Paul turned me to the RTCP soap and so now naturally i have to suggest it to everyone. (Giving Paul full credit.)

But so far I haven't colored my soaps. Guess I like the natural coloring of them. So I can't help you out with the coloring. But there are many here who do color soaps, and I know they can help.

But i usually do insulate my soaps. LOL Well my mold isn't a wooden one, so I have a small baby/doll quilt I made and well now that's my soaping quilt. (it wouldn't sell on ebay, and my daughter wouldn't use it for her doll so now it's my soaping quilt.) But it sure is pretty to look at.

253-----1.jpg

Faithy thank you! Your quilt is just beautiful. I don't know where you find the time to do all of the things you do plus take care of your children. You must never sleep! LOL! :) Judy

BINGO i never sleep,

but I also multi-task a lot and work on several projects at one time.

Faithy I may have answered faster, and pardon me, :oops: she did ask you, my bad. :oops: :oops: You are a much better soap maker than I, for sure. :) I love your creations and your tutorials are easily understandable. Thank you for helping so many here at The SMF and me especially! :wink:

Soap on Faithy, soap on! 8) And lotions too!:lol:

Paul :wink:

LOL no i think it's great you got here faster than i did !!!!!
How is that bad???

Thanks Paul that means a lot to me because it's coming from you. You are someone whom I admire and look up to.

And I love writing my tutorials, and have a couple more planned.
Just need to keep writing !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how soap making gets into your blood, and is such an addiction :shock:

Back