Facial Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdc1978

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this forum in forever! So much work! I hope you all are doing well and staying cool in this crazy heat!

So, I want to try making a facial bar. I'd like to incorporate rose clay, kaolin clay, french green clay, activated charcoal and tea tree oil into the soap.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and from what I've read these ingredients would be helpful.

Anyways, I have no interest in reinventing the wheel and I vaguely remember some kindly forum member referencing a site where someone could purchase different recipes.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a recipe for a facial soap for my skin type that I can at least use as a base? If anyone has any other good sources for information, I'd appreciate anything you're wiling to share.

Thanks in advance!

Long time no see rdc!
That's a lotta clays you want to try out there - maybe just stick to one at a time to see which is best for you? And in saying that - even just try charcoal on its own too - to see if you like it before combining everything?
I'm not sure of the recipe site, can you not just try your regular soap recipe and add the different ingredients to it? Maybe try a lower superfat if you have oily skin.
Or try @Zany's no-slime castile, or Genny's shampoo bar recipe (which is actually a mild soap, not a shampoo).
Good luck and keep us posted!

You can try etsy.com there are formulators who sell recipes for various applications. I have bought a few non soap recipes there.

Long time no see rdc!
That's a lotta clays you want to try out there - maybe just stick to one at a time to see which is best for you? And in saying that - even just try charcoal on its own too - to see if you like it before combining everything?
I'm not sure of the recipe site, can you not just try your regular soap recipe and add the different ingredients to it? Maybe try a lower superfat if you have oily skin.
Or try @Zany's no-slime castile, or Genny's shampoo bar recipe (which is actually a mild soap, not a shampoo).
Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you for the great ideas! I know its been so long, work has been bananas! I'm so glad to get back into the swing of things!

Brambleberry has a rose clay bar recipe on their website. I made it w/o the activated charcoal and its lovely all over.

Brambleberry also has an activated charcoal and tamanu oil recipe that is working well for my teenaged daughter

Latest posts

Back