Facial Soap for Acne and marks (Help my daughter)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretchreynoldlero

Reaction score
Hello moms,

I'm a mother of four girls here in the Philippines, and I've been really bother about my eldest daughter's acne, she's now 20 years old and she's suffering from acne since her 16. I've been following this group for a year now reading stuff if i got time and would like to create my own facial soap "once and for all" for her, as we are paying lots of money for her derma, but issues keep coming back after her treatment.

Here are my ingredients:
Coconut oil, grapeseed or almond oil, goats' milk and oatmeal and Guava extracts

Do you think this is enough to clear her acne and breakouts? and if possible, how many percentages would i need for each?

I am also a follower of soapee. Thanks in advance guys, hope you can help me :(

Attachments

• 311313747_1060181307999932_3135403055294231512_n.jpg
    311313747_1060181307999932_3135403055294231512_n.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
Keep in mind that soap is a wash off product. It isn't going to heal her skin. That said, my granddaughter has had good luck using a salt soap or a charcoal soap, in addition to her medical acne treatment. She, like her father, has bouts of cystic acne on her face and back.

Then, let me preface this with a disclaimer, this is a suggestion only... you could look into Shark Sauce (no sharks harmed in the making of this serum). I made some for my granddaughter and she said that it's helping. It isn't the cheapest to make the first time but, once you have the ingredients, you can make a lot. Or, you can purchase it directly from the Holy Snails store.

http://www.holysnailsblog.com/search/label/shark sauce

we are paying lots of money for her derma, but issues keep coming back after her treatment.
:rolleyes: I've heard that complaint MANY times since I first joined a soapmaking group in 2004. It's very common. Unfortunately, dermatolgists aren't much help. The Rx's just don't seem to do the job. Although I've yet to find a "sure cure", It is my belief that doing anything to "dry out" the skin, like salt, activated charcoal, and grapeseed oil (astringent) only exacerbates the problem -- it makes the skin produce more oil in response.

1) If you haven't already done so, have your daughter tested for food allergies. Giving up sugar would help tremendously. Do a little research about how sugar affects metabolism. Eating plenty of fresh vegetables, like lettuce, cucumbers, watercress, etc. is good for clear skin too.

2) Another piece of advice: Fresh air, sunshine, drink plenty of water and exercise to get her (what I'm guessing is) hormonal imbalance regulated.

Beyond that, I believe the best soap for curing acne is 85% lard, 10% coconut, 5% castor. Tea Tree or Lavender or a combo of the two for scent. My second choice is a very mild soap for sensitive skin, ZNSC.

Here's a thread to read more: TEENAGE ACNE

Building on what Zany wrote, not every recommendation is going to work for every person. While the salt soap and the charcoal soap have helped my granddaughter, they may not work for your daughter. Zany's soap may work better; my granddaughter tried it and preferred the salt soap and/or the charcoal soap. They worked better for her.

What I'm trying to say is that it may take a bit of experimentation to figure out what works best for your daughter.

While I was sitting at the DMV today, waiting to renew my license, I remembered something weird. One of my high school classmates was given birth control pills for acne. It must have worked because she had lovely skin in college. I did a little research when I got home. It's real, but not all contraceptives are alike. Some make it worse. Maybe research it or ask your dermatologist about it.

Hello moms,

I'm a mother of four girls here in the Philippines, and I've been really bother about my eldest daughter's acne, she's now 20 years old and she's suffering from acne since her 16. I've been following this group for a year now reading stuff if i got time and would like to create my own facial soap "once and for all" for her, as we are paying lots of money for her derma, but issues keep coming back after her treatment.

Here are my ingredients:
Coconut oil, grapeseed or almond oil, goats' milk and oatmeal and Guava extracts

Do you think this is enough to clear her acne and breakouts? and if possible, how many percentages would i need for each?

I am also a follower of soapee. Thanks in advance guys, hope you can help me :(
When soap is superfatted, some of the oils are left in the soap as complete oils.
Coconut oil is a known comedogenic oil (it can clog pores).
While soap is a wash-off product, it is possible to have a reaction to the oils left in the soap (as the superfat).

This might interest you:
https://www.herbaldynamicsbeauty.co...ng-the-comedogenic-scale-for-oils-and-butters

:rolleyes: I've heard that complaint MANY times since I first joined a soapmaking group in 2004. It's very common. Unfortunately, dermatolgists aren't much help. The Rx's just don't seem to do the job. Although I've yet to find a "sure cure", It is my belief that doing anything to "dry out" the skin, like salt, activated charcoal, and grapeseed oil (astringent) only exacerbates the problem -- it makes the skin produce more oil in response.

1) If you haven't already done so, have your daughter tested for food allergies. Giving up sugar would help tremendously. Do a little research about how sugar affects metabolism. Eating plenty of fresh vegetables, like lettuce, cucumbers, watercress, etc. is good for clear skin too.

2) Another piece of advice: Fresh air, sunshine, drink plenty of water and exercise to get her (what I'm guessing is) hormonal imbalance regulated.

Beyond that, I believe the best soap for curing acne is 85% lard, 10% coconut, 5% castor. Tea Tree or Lavender or a combo of the two for scent. My second choice is a very mild soap for sensitive skin, ZNSC.

Here's a thread to read more: TEENAGE ACNE

This is fantastic, will consider this! but what about oil infusion? of all the/combined flowers/plants with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic properties and thereafter, lather and soak the soap in face like 2 to 3 mins to penetrate the pores and absorb accordingly?

When soap is superfatted, some of the oils are left in the soap as complete oils.
Coconut oil is a known comedogenic oil (it can clog pores).
While soap is a wash-off product, it is possible to have a reaction to the oils left in the soap (as the superfat).

This might interest you:
https://www.herbaldynamicsbeauty.co...ng-the-comedogenic-scale-for-oils-and-butters
Gee thanks for the info. this makes sense xoxo

While I was sitting at the DMV today, waiting to renew my license, I remembered something weird. One of my high school classmates was given birth control pills for acne. It must have worked because she had lovely skin in college. I did a little research when I got home. It's real, but not all
Building on what Zany wrote, not every recommendation is going to work for every person. While the salt soap and the charcoal soap have helped my granddaughter, they may not work for your daughter. Zany's soap may work better; my granddaughter tried it and preferred the salt soap and/or the charcoal soap. They worked better for her.

What I'm trying to say is that it may take a bit of experimentation to figure out what works best for your daughter.
Will cosider this, thanks!

Yes I’ve heard of the pill helping with acne many times from different sufferers. Anything you use topically may help a little but the problem comes from within the body, mainly I believe from hormones.

I suffered from acne for years and spent a fortune at a dermatologist with very little improvement. Used lotions, creams, cover-ups and astringents to no avail.
My Grandmother gave me a bar of Kirk's Coconut Castille Soap and it worked wonders. After several weeks, the skin on my face and also my shoulders had cleared up and I was hooked. I now make 100% Coconut Castille and have had great results. I also agree with Vivhalaska that hormones play a huge role in both males and females. Also found that anything that starts to show results also helps with the emotional issues that arise from acne.

I suffered from acne for years and spent a fortune at a dermatologist with very little improvement. Used lotions, creams, cover-ups and astringents to no avail.
This is SO typical! Sad. Truly sad. :confused:
Kirk's Coconut Castille Soap and it worked wonders.
:thumbs: Good to know!
Also found that anything that starts to show results also helps with the emotional issues that arise from acne.
:thumbs:I agree. I do believe stress is a major factor -- at any age. That's why I advise exercise tor acne. It doesn't have to be strenuous. Simply getting out for a 20-minute walk after lunch daily helps! Replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts helps! Fresh air and sunshine helps!

This is fantastic, will consider this! but what about oil infusion? of all the/combined flowers/plants with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic properties and thereafter, lather and soak the soap in face like 2 to 3 mins to penetrate the pores and absorb accordingly?
Keep in mind, soap is for cleansing. Oil infusions with beneficial botanicals are better for topical application where they can do the most good.

BTW, tea tree EO and lavender EO have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory propertie and are a better choice vs. infused oils when used in soap to clear a skin condition. :thumbs:

Keep in mind, soap is for cleansing. Oil infusions with beneficial botanicals are better for topical application where they can do the most good.

BTW, tea tree EO and lavender EO have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory propertie and are a better choice vs. infused oils when used in soap to clear a skin condition. :thumbs:
Great, let's recap. this is my ingredients:
5% goats milk, 3% Oatmeal, (potassium sorbate & potassium benzoate), coconut oil, grapeseed oil,
and tea tree, lavender eo (how many percent?)
also planning to add salicylic acid?
Thanks for late reply, been busy doing household choirs

Back