Face cream & sweat beads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skmay

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My sister and I have very dry skin. After reading, studying, and finally getting the courage to make lotion we ended up modifying Swift's "Body Butter for Dry Skin" and made a face cream. We love how this feels on our face. It's very soft and silky, but it makes us sweat. It starts out glistening then small moisture beads appear all over the face within a half hour or so. After that passes, then it's fine. As an experiment, I asked my normal skinned daughter to try it and her face sweats also.

Any suggestions for how this recipe can be fixed? Or is sweating like this normal? We're in the South, if that helps, and our recipe makes 16 oz.

55% Water
3% Glycerin
2% Sodium lactate

18% Sunflower Oil
8% LC e-wax (same problem with Polawax)
5% Shea Butter (refined)
3% Cetyl Alcohol
2% IPM

2% Dimethicone
1% Vitamin E
.5% Germall Plus
.2% FO (same problem when unscented)

Also, a belated and huge thanks for all the information that is so generously provided here. We made our own "lotion" twenty something years ago using only olive oil, glycerin, aloe vera, and vitamin E. Looking back, that was some nasty stuff. We did this for a couple of years and we still laugh when we talk about how long it took to get all that oil out of our clothes. You can imagine how thankful we've been since we found this site.

maybe it's just too heavy so your skin cannot breathe, so the sweat doesn't evaporate as it normally would? I don't know - I don't see anything odd in there.

if you drop her an email, Susan (swift) usually answers.

Guessing perhaps that it is the amount of humectants. The recipe was made for winter, when the air is normally dry, and was designed to draw lots of moisture from the air.. guessing it is not real dry where you are? Maybe cut down on the sodium lactate or glycerin.

Back