F.O. from the old Tony's/Southern Garden Scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy Lou

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I used an F.O. way back when SGS was Tony's and it was called Masculine Musk. Oh, it was so divine, and more so a soft, feminine perfume to me. I already checked with Pure Fragrance oils (which I think took them over, or at least some of their oils?) and don't see it. Does anyone remember that one and did another company pick it up by chance? TIA.

I love the Masculine Musk from Sweetcakes, but from your description of Tony's being somewhat soft and feminine I'm kinda doubting that it could the same. Although Sweetcake's Masculine Musk is one of those unisex scents that both the men and women among my family/friends like, it definitely leans heavier towards the masculine side of the scale.

IrishLass :)

I love the Masculine Musk from Sweetcakes, but from your description of Tony's being somewhat soft and feminine I'm kinda doubting that it could the same. Although Sweetcake's Masculine Musk is one of those unisex scents that both the men and women among my family/friends like, it definitely leans heavier towards the masculine side of the scale.

IrishLass :)
Thanks!

I use the one from Sweetcakes and I agree it doesn't fit your description. I blend it with amber and patchouli for a really great masculine scent. My bottle is a couple of years old but I find it so heavy I don't like using it all on its own and much prefer it in blends.

I meant to add that I also use Egyptian Musk from Oregon Trails. I still find it masculine but it sells really well for me to women. It isn't quite as feminine as I would like but I have been very happy with it as a unisex scent. It would be closer to your description than the SC Masculine musk.

Pure Fragrance oils (which I think took them over, or at least some of their oils?) and don't see it. Does anyone remember that one and did another company pick it up by chance?
Pure Fragrance Oils took over SGS formerly Tony's in 2013 and they are the exclusive owners.
I've never ordered from them, though.
I've ordered from them many times, although not recently. Unlike other suppliers, I like most of the scents I've used from them. Good company to do business with. Don't hesitate to contact them directly for help. They're pretty good about responding to questions.

Latest posts

Back