Extra virgin avocado oil question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
somewhere in my travels online I saw a soap made with EVAO that was a lovely, natural green that caught my eye. Well, Christmas came early and I've got a gallon today from NDA. Plenty of recipes out there on the web with various percentages of avocado oil in them, from 30 to 7%. What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience using extra virgin avocado oil or the post that made me buy this in the first place...I know it's all going to depend on the other oils but I'm trying to get a green bar of soap with the minimum amount of this fairly expensive oil...and adding extra virgin OO should help me in that pursuit...LOL..I'm a recovering spirulina powder user...now THAT was disappointing....

I made a soap back in June with 30% EVAO and it came out a lovely green colour. Hope that helps :)

somewhere in my travels online I saw a soap made with EVAO that was a lovely, natural green that caught my eye. Well, Christmas came early and I've got a gallon today from NDA. Plenty of recipes out there on the web with various percentages of avocado oil in them, from 30 to 7%. What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience using extra virgin avocado oil or the post that made me buy this in the first place...I know it's all going to depend on the other oils but I'm trying to get a green bar of soap with the minimum amount of this fairly expensive oil...and adding extra virgin OO should help me in that pursuit...LOL..I'm a recovering spirulina powder user...now THAT was disappointing....

Did they claim the color was natural? If EVAO is central to your marketing of a soap, it could be a good idea to dye it green.

Except for the spirulina, all the green in this thread is the same thing: chlorophyll. You should be able to use chlorophyll extract, available as a supplement, to get whatever shade of green you want. I plan to try this the next time I make Aleppo-style soap, since the type of super-green olive foots they use for that stuff seems practically unobtainable.

But even the greenest soap in the world turns brown on the outside after a while. Chlorophyll and the stuff from spirulina is light-sensitive.

Latest posts

Back