Explaining Lye...I nailed it..lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
First off if this is in the wrong place Mods please move.

When I first joined this forum some one posted a story on how lye and fats make soap by using drawings of wolves(lye) sheep(fats) and bunnies(soap) I thought it was cute and printed it out. Going thru some papers I found it and put it in a folder.
Getting ready for a craft show I found the folder and thought what the heck I'll take it with me. Sure enough a lady with 3 kids states she does not use soap with lye in it. Boy do I have a story for you with pictures.
By the time I was done with the story the kids were yelling they wanted the bunny soap...She bought 10 bars.

Superfat!

ihkt.jpg

This is great! I'm going to have my first soap lesson with my gardening kids in a few weeks and this will be a wonderful way to explain the process in a way that they will understand. Don't worry, not making real soap with them. We are using M&P and adding ingredients from our garden...ie loofah, lavender..etc.

Yay for bunnies, wolves, and collies! You're so creative. I shall make it my life mission to teach people about bunnies and wolves. I mean, soap. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Back