Experimenting with Fenugreek for shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmal

Reaction score
Okay, I'm new to this soap making joy. But, I am over the top addicted. As in if I don't make a batch a day I get the shakes! :) Okay, maybe not quite that bad but close.

Because of making soap each and every day for the last few weeks, I'm pretty much out of everything. But I still had coconut oil.

My hair loves coconut oil. I usually mix my regular shampoo half and half with coconut oil to wash it. My hair is fine and curly and the coconut oil fixes it right up.

I really am getting to the point. So I made today a shampoo bar with 100% coconut oil superfatted 30% extra and added a couple of tablespoons of fenugreek to the oil and mixed it in well before I added the lye water (actually aloe and lye, not plain water).

I don't know how it's going to work, but I do know the scent of the soap is very strong (fenugreek smells like maple syrup to me) although I don't know if it will cure out.

Since I couldn't find anything on fenugreek I thought I'd mention the scent if anyone was interested in having maple scented soap.

I'll let you all know if it still smells so good in a couple weeks. And thanks for all the wonderful ideas and information that got me started on this new hobby, errrr addiction.

Sounds good!! Would like to see a pic when they are done if you have the time :)

I'd love it if your soap keeps its smell after a few weeks. I've never actually smelled fenugreek but I'm intrigued that you say it smells like maple syrup.

Back