Experiment with green...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made these last week and forgot to post. Well, more accurately, I was disappointed in them.

I wanted to make an ivory soap with a light sage green swirly touch to it.
I used a bit of French clay, but it was so light I added half a capsule of chlorella and when I left it, I was loving the color!! I didn't wrap in towels because 1) I was convinced that none of my batches had ever gelled, and didn't expect this one too, 2) I didn't want the color to change.

Despite that, a few hours later I could feel the gelling heat, and see the green changing! Too late to refrigerate it as I didn't want a partial gel, so I covered it and let it gel.

The green is darker than I wanted, and the Nature's Garden fo turned kind of muddy smelling.

So, I'm going to try again - maybe make a solid sage green bar....since I have some rosemary eo to use, which I love.

Are there any fun eo's to mix with rosemary??

IMAG0035.jpg

I would wait a week or two before passing judgement on the fragrance. Sometimes they morph in the short term and then settle down.

Yes, the soap is pretty.

Some things that go with rosemary: mint, eucalyptus, lavender, and citrus, to name a few.

That all sounds good and I have most of those, except the citrus are regular strength and I hear that won't make it through CP. The peppermint is from Mountain Rose Herb and it smells good enough to drink. Think I'll try that.

Thanks for the encouragement about the green color. It's growing on me. I think soaping is going to be good for me as I'll have to quite trying to get things "perfect"...and welcome the unexpected.

I used regular strength sweet orange with a bit of patchouli and lemongrass and added fresh orange zest and the scent stuck fine. I gave some to my mother in law about 9 months ago and saw it in her bathroom last weekend. The orange scent was still strong.

I used regular strength sweet orange with a bit of patchouli and lemongrass and added fresh orange zest and the scent stuck fine. I gave some to my mother in law about 9 months ago and saw it in her bathroom last weekend. The orange scent was still strong.

Orange and lemongrass, I've got to try that. Don't care for patchouli.

I think these are lovely. I also think the green looks exactly like sage leaves, so your color actually worked well!

Very pretty!

I just made some shampoo bars (Genny's) with rosemary infused OO and Brambleberry's Herbal Essence dupe FO (70's version) which imo has a bit of a rosemary fragrance to begin with. The results are better than I anticipated.

I used CPOP and the bars have cured about 2 weeks and are VERY fragrant. I love walking into my pantry/laundry room where they're curing!

Bostons and Boxers by design!

Latest posts

Back