Expect the unexpected (safety first!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luluzapcat

Reaction score
Just used a new "found object" mold for the first time--a nice little canister from tea bags. Can opener to remove the bottom, which became the top of my mold, and a good friction fit top on the bottom.

Which I promptly forgot was just held there with friction, when I let my batter get too thick and started aggressively tapping it to burp out air bubbles. Picked it up to bang on the floor for heightened aggression, and PLORF--suddenly my hands are quite full of soap batter and the container is almost empty. It took a beat to even figure out what had happened because it was just such a shock. The bottom of course fell out of the mold.

SO GLAD I was wearing full sleeves and gloves and, despite the most pitiful cries and scratchings on the door, I had kept the cats out of the soap kitchen. No batter hit any flesh or fur. And most of it got stuffed back in the mold. So much for my attempted ITP swirl, but a good lesson and reminder.

Latest posts

Back