Exfoliating Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatmeal
alkanet root
rose hips
coffee grounds
strawberry seeds
ground lavender buds
salt

Those are some of the things I have tried..

Hi Skeel,

Are strawberry seeds scratchy or mild exfoliation?

Also, do you ground the Lavender Buds very fine like powder?

thx

cornmeal!! I just made a test bar, so haven't use it yet. But just trying to help with the brainstorming.
NameThatCandy, I think you should try is test out a few of those suggestions and see what YOU like best :) You may want to experiment with different amounts too, see if that makes a difference. People usually prefer different things. HTH :)

Apricot Seed Powder! It's small and cheap! You can really adjust the exfoliation with how much you use.

I use poppy seeds They are round & gentle, but you can feel them working plus I just like the way they look!

Strawberry seeds are scratchy to me and yes I grind the lavender buds up in a coffee bean grinder but you can still feel it in the soap.

I personally like fairly "scratchy" soap so I may not be a good one to ask if you have sensitive skin :lol:

I love scratchy soap too, so I have to give your suggestions a try :)

The only thing with lavender buds is that they discolor to brown in CP.

Thanks for all the ideas.

I have tried Ground Coffee (not really like it) and Ground Oatmeal (made last week, so haven't used the soaps yet).

I bought a soap with poppy seed before, it is a little bit too scratchy for me. I don't mind exfoliation, just don't like the shape edge.

I may try Strawberry Seed and Apricot seed powder if I can find them.

I love texture too...

cranberry seeds in an orange scented soap. (I call it Orange-Cranberry... guess I'm not too creative with the names.)

Also, I want to get some sweetbirch and do a white soap with poppy so that the soap resembles a paper birch tree... I'm aware of the contraversy surrounding the use of birch oil and wintergreen, but in low quantities such as would be used to scent soap, it is harmless...

I like using dried orange and lemon peel. Poppy seed is nice and not scratchy. I buy a ground rosemary leaf powder which gives a olive green color to the soap, but also a very, very finely abrasive. Feels like I am polishing my skin when i mix it with rosemary and peppermint eo.

About a month ago, I made a batch GM soap with ground orange peel. I used it as smell and colorants. Today I took shower with it, u know what, it is a great exfoliation soaps. The orange peel powder is not too abrasive and very gentle. I really like it. :p

And today I made a batch of soap with dried calendula flowers in it, someone on the other soap forum told me that it is a great mild exfoliation. I can't wait to soap with it, it smells so good.

Latest posts

Back